Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Keep my tight image?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Constantly play the other way.
If they think you're tight, start playing like a maniac.
When they realise you're playing like a maniac you should be playing tight again.

result: They pay you off when you're playing tight and they fold when you're bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see that as a succesful strategy for his situation with 2 LAGs and a TAG at his table. The other advice in this thread was better.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you were referring to me or not, but I will expand on my original advice anyways.

Do the things a tight player does, only do them more often. So what things am I talking about? Continuations bets (and I think even into two opponents would work a lot), semi-bluffs (and I will also include semi-bluff raises), stealing from the button, stealing orphaned pots, stone cold bluffs into weakness, etc.

This is a stuff you can get away with and without showing down a hand. The only way the opponents will catch on is when they start noticing how much they are folding to you. They'll start saying to themselves "The only time I win a hand against this guy is if I have a really good hand. He seems to be getting all the other ones."

Then, the first time you show down a bluff or fold to a re-raise of a cbet, you need to tighten up and go for value bets and good starting hands again.

I truly believe a lot of poker profit is your play in between your image and your use of that image. And the key to maximizing that is to realize quickly what you image is and when it is changing. It's kinda like being a step ahead.

And then the most advanced state is knowing what your particular image is in the mind of each individual player because you can be sure it is not exactly the same.