Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: KQh monster board and draw, turn decision?

I have no problem with the preflop bet size. Great spot for it.

edit- as played I check turn. I can't see myself betting the turn here with the nuts though either. Seems like a 'no value' spot regardless. In fact if I bet it is almost always to bluff (even with made hands).
Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Preflop raise size is fine as long as you're raising to that size with your whole range, and as long as you're doing it with a wide range.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Preflop is good but I'd likely pop it a bit more.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is good but I'd likely pop it a bit more.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes it good IS its preflop size...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 PM

Well villain had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], which was pretty much my read at turn. I did check turn, river was a heart, he checked and folded to my $220 bet. My post is to see whether I should've bet the turn because I didn't end up winning the huge pot that I had hoped for.

Looks like checking is what most would do. I'm bemused by the posts criticizing about PF 3betting or flop play though.. what, when you got a good hand with position do you just let others drive the hand?? I'm totally comfortable with PF and flop play.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with the preflop bet size. Great spot for it.

edit- as played I check turn. I can't see myself betting the turn here with the nuts though either. Seems like a 'no value' spot regardless. In fact if I bet it is almost always to bluff (even with made hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this hand troubled me for a while because I kept wondering if there was anything I could've done to get more of his stack in the pot on the turn.. especially when the next couple of hands he got lucky drawing gutshots and made bigger pots off me.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:48 PM

Such is life I feel here. Like I said, I probably even check a KT here given stats. If I am getting c/r I am more then likely drawing dead. I have no need to make this hand a big pot whatsoever.

It just feeds into my liking of PF and bet size reasons. I like the idea of building a nice pot early in the chance that we flop big, all while not making it too large where I feel compelled to continue with the hand if I airball. I would much rather be aggressive on the cheap streets with a hand like this.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 PM

yeah, i think you nailed it with AK. I mean cmon, any fhouse-making hand here is putting money on on flop, AJ,AA,AQ,QQ all shooove flop, or atleast most likely to. I would shove turn as this is a spot trips might fold to you. also pot is pretty big at this point.

you should not be afraid of a check raise as your bet should be a PSB anyways. he cant come over the top of you. this is really different if villain if villain shoved on you. but if he is cheking i think it is an easy shove.

btw i dont think you have a great hand in position like you say. QKsuited, atleast in my opinion is a speculative hand in this spot. IMO I think all streets were played poorly when you look at it. Also if you think QK is a good solid prelfop hand with equity here, then you must take it to the river whne you hit it that hard, esp after raising his Postlfop DB.

But, i still think you saw too much value in your hand here pre and put you in a big difficult pot as a result.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should not be afraid of a check raise as your bet should be a PSB anyways. he cant come over the top of you. this is really different if villain if villain shoved on you. but if he is cheking i think it is an easy shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

except for the fact that if villain called the flop raise he is never folding to this turn bet with trips top kicker and when the money goes in on the turn hero is going to be behind.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

except for the fact that if villain called the flop raise he is never folding to this turn bet with trips top kicker and when the money goes in on the turn hero is going to be behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

You capable of mind reading while playing or what? Some software which shows holecards?