Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Hate this situation...

i put out a value bet, him doubling the BB is an odd move. I wouldn't put him on 9's 10's J's Q's or K's The right thing to do with those hands is raise 3-4x BB UTG or limp. Doubling the blind screems A-10 A-J to me.
As for post flop you can't really do too much except shove or fold since he's putting 1/3 of his chips into the pot and if you call you can expect him to shove the turn.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i put out a value bet, him doubling the BB is an odd move. I wouldn't put him on 9's 10's J's Q's or K's The right thing to do with those hands is raise 3-4x BB UTG or limp. Doubling the blind screems A-10 A-J to me.
As for post flop you can't really do too much except shove or fold since he's putting 1/3 of his chips into the pot and if you call you can expect him to shove the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't put players on exact hands based on whatever donk raise they make... the besy you can do is assign a range of hands based on how you've seen them play...

making a play because his minraise is "screaming AJ" is a shortcut to busto

and fwiw - at a 2.25 a minraise UTG means literally ATC
Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Instafold, you aren't getting called with anything you beat here so the downside far outweighs the upside.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's called determining your action, then assigning a range for the villain that fits the action you've already decided on. It's bad.