Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: 3/6 B&M Possibly dominated overcards in a big pot

The guy who folded until he showed down KK just raised and this guy is in the Blinds. Do you think this will effect his re-raise range? Also, he's been showing "good" cards, could he just be on a rush of good starting hands? I'm not convinced that this is the ZOMG Bozo insta-call.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy who folded until he showed down KK just raised and this guy is in the Blinds. Do you think this will effect his re-raise range?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something I thought about, but was not sure what way it would effect his range. Would he think I had another premium hand, and so only 3 bet his top hands? Was he just playing back at me because he thought I couldn’t have two premium hands in a row and he had a hand he thought would play well multi-way?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:59 PM

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], 4 players, 15BB

BB bets out again, one call, I call, call

I now have TPTK, but still don’t think my hand is best.

The BB could have c-bet the flop with AK, but I don’t feel he would c-bet the turn with just overcards. I’m thinking a big pocket pair. If he has AA, JJ or TT, I am drawing dead. If he has KK or QQ, I have 5 outs (3 A and 2 J). I think that makes this call correct. Thoughts?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:16 PM

If you fold this turn, you needed to fold pf and on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think you're showing down at this point, barring some sort of raising happening on the river.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM

I mean, on the river are you really going to be able to fold getting 20+ to 1? I just don't see that happening.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Anybody think a turn raise/fold makes any sense? It's a big pot, maybe you can chase out the inside straight draws and folks holding a K or Q.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], 4 players, 15BB

BB bets out again, one call, I call, call

I now have TPTK, but still don’t think my hand is best.

If he has AA, JJ or TT, I am drawing dead. If he has KK or QQ, I have 5 outs (3 A and 2 J). I think that makes this call correct. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: You're not drawing dead to AA, your Jack outs are still good.

I fold this preflop.

I think the turn raise/fold move would be alright if the pot wasn't so big. As it is the pot is large enough to make drawing to our possible winners (Aces over Jacks or trip jacks) worthwhile for one more bet. You'll get reraised by hands you have outs against too frequently, and I don't think the passive callers are going anywhere at this stage.

This is a close situation. I'd opt for calling the turn and reevaluating the river. Take a look to the right though and see if someone is liking that Jack. J10 and JJ are likely hands to see here from the callers, and you don't want to get trapped between raises.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:30 PM

unless a K, Q, 8 or 7 shows up on the river you are committed to this hand for 1 bet.

turn raise/fold is horrible. the pot is too big.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:41 PM

in that type of game with 3 limpers to me i would probably consider limping AJo preflop.

you don't think it's possible BB would 3bet with 77-99 pf? given the pot size, i'm raising the turn. if i can't raise the turn with top pair in a pot this size, i probably shouldn't be in the hand.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 PM

Fold preflop to the cap. FWIW I don't even call pf if a non-LAG utg raises and gets like 4 callers, this is even worse because you're dealing with multiple reraises at least one of which is probably legitimate. You have both bad equity and reverse implied odds problems.

[ QUOTE ]
I must admit that the raise/fold preflop line is not one that I have ever used.

[/ QUOTE ]

With good reason; it's almost never correct. Almost.