Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: 8 limpers to the flop - FW 20/40

This hand confuses me.

On the flop, I'd check and see how the action develops. If there's a bet and some callers, or a bet and a raise, then I'd just throw away my hand away (high chance of being way behind, RIO, etc...). If it checks to a LP player who bets, then we can check-raise and try to protect our hand.

As played, you are pretty much stuck calling both raises on the flop because now you are getting odds to draw to a 7, although I might still fold to the raise if you don't have the 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in your hand (meaning you could be drawing to two outs against a better K and a flush draw).

I don't understand your turn play at all. You get your dream card and get action from aggro players ("Both of these players are capable of putting in a lot of money with less of a hand than most and try to take down pots through betting rather than having the winning hand.") but then you decide that you are behind. If you really think you are behind, this is an easy fold. In the best case you've got 4 outs to boat up and you are only getting 6.5:1 (if I'm counting correctly) - even if you know that passive is going to call, you still aren't getting the 11:1 that you need. But that's the best case - if someone's got a set of 8s or K8 then you are only drawing to 2 outs (and you won't be sure which 2 you need).

Given your read, though, I'd just go ahead and 3-bet the turn. Rob didn't cap the flop so I don't think a set of 8s is likely. Tatoo's check-3-bet could easily be him screwing around with a flush draw or lower 2 pair (if he's loose enough to come in with 84s or K8s). You should charge the flush draws the max and get your money in.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:05 PM

leading TPWK into 8 limpers here on the flop is standard?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Having this get checked through on a board with draws or having to check/call an EP better sucks. Being able to check/raise a late position better would be a god-send but there's no indication that that's going to happen.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:45 PM

pre-flop and flop are terrible.

k7o, oop in a multiway pot is trouble. leading out on that flop into 7 players is also nuts. check and see what develops.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding getting 15:1 is ROFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only 15:1 if we stop all the betting and run 5 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be the worst level in all of history. Unless you know BB is raising a large majority of the time, it's correct to call with ATC here.

EDIT: HEAD ASPLODE!

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This has to be the worst level in all of history. Unless you know BB is raising a large majority of the time, it's correct to call with ATC here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm serious and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. Ass cards, ass position and a chance to build some table image. I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

More people on this board are calling 95o than folding K7o.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would prefer to play 95o to K7o here, but would play neither. You are probably right about what most people would play, but that doesn't mean it is correct. This same topic came up I think on the Small Stakes board recently as well. Miller/Sklansky/Malmuth certainly suggest folding both hands in the SB in loose, weak games, and I really see little reason to disagree with them about playing either.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:19 PM

I think it would be very helpful if everyone who responds indicates whether they play in this game regularly or not.

With a few very fast players in this game and a bunch of real bad ones if I can see any flop for $10 additional (the big blind did not have any history of raising his big blind) I would do it.

This, coupled with the fact that I've been running real hot lately made this an easy preflop call for me.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Read Sklansky, Holdem poker for Advance Players, 21st Century Edition

You must go for a check raise on the flop, no matter what your kicker is to get the pot heads up. Which is great advice for the flop here.

Its a good thing you totally ignored Sklansky in this case though. Be happy you have no reading comprehension.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 PM

i play in this game regularly and I tend to call here but I'm not convinced it's good.

the flop is definitely a check and see.

if tattoo is a young quiet guy with short dark hair and tattoos on his arms I think you need to make it three bets on the turn, I would give his flop 3bet almost no credibility. this is taking your description of "Rob" at face value because I don't know who that is.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check/call an EP better sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would C/F an EP bettor, esp if there were callers.