Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: ***Video*** NL25 on Stars 2 tables...

Thanks guys,

I enjoyed making it. I don't know why the PAHUD stats weren't showing up because they were on my screen. I'll just say now that I said some thing in the video that are probably a little risky to be thinking at these lower levels later on in the video but they are things to think about as you continue to improve your overall game.

Anyway, I'll make another if you want just let me know what kind of video you'd like to see, I saw request for a 1-2 video which I think I'll do. Let me know.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys,

I enjoyed making it. I don't know why the PAHUD stats weren't showing up because they were on my screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flicker free drawing in PAH, however you have it now, use the other.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sky make a 200nl vid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if thats the best idea for me to do. Let me think about that for a couple days. I still play 1-2 every now and then. I'll probably do it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL100?
I like the video, you done good
Old 08-29-2007, 03:19 AM

great video
Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 AM

Hey, I liked watching your video and I liked your commentary, you seem like a very nice relaxed guy. Which hands did I like? The push with A9s, your equity needs to be about 30% if the guy calls, you have a flushdraw + overcard so go ahead and push yeah! The raises with 65s, 34s, 89s and QJo from the button and the CO in order to punish the limpers: this are very big +EV spots IMHO.

What I didn't liked. Obvious the TT hand, you talked about that one already. And yes the JJ hand, which I wouldn't threebet against this tight guy as you said, if he was raising a lot I would definitely threebet. And of course you have to fold there. You said so.

The 34s hand I would checked behind on the turn, the quick call on the flop probably means he is on a flushdraw or has a monster (55?). But even if he has a T he is not going away because that 2 didn't change much and might even improved your hand. I would have bet again on the river if a nonclub would have fallen off and he would have checked to me. Obviously you bet the river as it came there. Betting the turn or checking behind though is not a very big difference in EV I guess.

I wouldn't have pushed with the 89s hand and I wouldn't have bet that on the flop as a semibluff, this is because you have several people to act (multiwaypot) and someone could easily raise you off that hand. I like a check/call line, the push is also -EV I guess, because you have no fold equity and your potequity seems to low (I didn't calculate the potodds though (in this case to lazy) so I could be wrong).

I also wouldn't have called the reraise from the BB after your preflop raise with 108s from the CO, I think 108s is a littlebit to marginal to call a reraise with even when this guy could be making a play at you (I would call there with JTs for example).

My 2 cents, best regards and thx for the video!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:36 PM

Great video and commentary. Many thanks. I learned a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 01:44 PM

Nice video Sky, cheers for doing it.

Some interesting hands in there aswell.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I liked watching your video and I liked your commentary, you seem like a very nice relaxed guy. Which hands did I like? The push with A9s, your equity needs to be about 30% if the guy calls, you have a flushdraw + overcard so go ahead and push yeah! The raises with 65s, 34s, 89s and QJo from the button and the CO in order to punish the limpers: this are very big +EV spots IMHO.

What I didn't liked. Obvious the TT hand, you talked about that one already. And yes the JJ hand, which I wouldn't threebet against this tight guy as you said, if he was raising a lot I would definitely threebet. And of course you have to fold there. You said so.

The 34s hand I would checked behind on the turn, the quick call on the flop probably means he is on a flushdraw or has a monster (55?). But even if he has a T he is not going away because that 2 didn't change much and might even improved your hand. I would have bet again on the river if a nonclub would have fallen off and he would have checked to me. Obviously you bet the river as it came there. Betting the turn or checking behind though is not a very big difference in EV I guess.

I wouldn't have pushed with the 89s hand and I wouldn't have bet that on the flop as a semibluff, this is because you have several people to act (multiwaypot) and someone could easily raise you off that hand. I like a check/call line, the push is also -EV I guess, because you have no fold equity and your potequity seems to low (I didn't calculate the potodds though (in this case to lazy) so I could be wrong).

I also wouldn't have called the reraise from the BB after your preflop raise with 108s from the CO, I think 108s is a littlebit to marginal to call a reraise with even when this guy could be making a play at you (I would call there with JTs for example).

My 2 cents, best regards and thx for the video!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your comments. Just a few things I'd probably say in regards to the hand you didn't like.

I did say in the video that I will trade a -EV spot right now to help create a false image for future situations. Its seems to work out for me because I try to mirror previous situations.

The 89s push was more of a squeeze on the BB. I already knew that the raiser was calling me which I was fine with. He happened to have my FD dominated and I was way behind, thats okay though it won't always be like that.

Now the T8s hand I will strongly disagree with you. I'm definately calling here just because I believe I'm going to either outplay him or get max value when I hit. My swings are a little wilder then some players but I'm not going to just fold to a 3 bet when I'm in position and most likely a better post flop player. I don't want the people to think I'll just fold to 3 bets. Thats when you become a nitty weak tight which I'm not. (some may think I am though lol)

I enjoyed your comments and thanks for the "review" and yes I am a pretty relaxed guy, not so sure about the nice part haha. Thanks again.

Sky
Old 08-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Nice video and thanks for taking the trouble. I particularly liked your 3betting strategy, I def. need to do this more. I especially liked how calm you were after getting stacked twice with your TT and JJ, if that had happened to me something would get broken for sure!

I play 25nl a fair bit and find that anywhere between 15/10 and 18/14 gives a nice regular winrate, anything higher and I find the swings get wilder and wilder. As a not-so-experienced player, I find that I tilt pretty easy, my biggest downswing was when I was experimenting around 21/16.

Do you feel that you need to have a really good feel for marginal spots before playing as loose as you did in the video, or is it really a case of more aggression always = more bucks. How loose is too loose?

I guess my point is, would you recommend that the average NL25 player copy your style?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:19 PM

Default LOL!!! TT river push

"probably going to look like a donk but i'm going to push"

ROFL!!!!