Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: moral dilemma. overchanged, return it?

These days I'd return it right away if I noticed in the store. If I returned it later would be determined by how far out of my way I'd have to go to get back to the store.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:50 AM

I wouldn't, to be honest with you. Assuming the cashier is otherwise honest and competent, a ten dollar difference in their drawer as a one time thing is not that big of a big deal and will likely be shrugged off by the company, so pocketing the ten dollars won't do them any damage.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 AM

I'd return it. Worst scenario is you're "out" ten bucks. I wouldn't expect anything else of course, but you may get nicer treatment, a free sandwich, or something. I dunno. Whatever, it's ten bucks to do the right thing ya know?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 AM

Those saying return it, fine. But I don't think the amount of cash should change your answer.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:15 AM

op is most certainly a big jerk
Old 08-28-2007, 02:15 AM

would u give someone their money back if they misclicked?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would u give someone their money back if they misclicked?

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome analogy, that is totally like the exact same thing.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those saying return it, fine. But I don't think the amount of cash should change your answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely don't agree with this... $3-$10 I probably wouldn't make the effort to turn the car around or whatever the situation was. $20 and up and I certainly do.

oh, and if your still in the store when you realize it, doing anything but correcting the issue is a total jerk move, regardless of the amount.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i bought lunch at a bakery, it cost $6.70. i paid for it with a $10, the cashier must've thought i paid with a $20 and gave me $13.30 change.

i walked out without saying anything and i immediately felt guilty. it isn't too late for me to go back. should i or is it their mistake which i just happen to benefit from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel guilty. Haven't you ever gotten a bank error in your favor worth ten bucks bro? It's all about chance and opportunity. Life's too short, man.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:54 AM

Couple of weeks ago we were having a few sunny beers in the local pub. Mates go and sit in the beer garden, I go to the bar and order 4 Stella. I pay the scruffy student looking guy the £8.80 with a £10 and take the beers outside.

Soon as I sit down I realise the dumb bastard has give me change of a £20. Everyone is like 'YEEHAAAA FREE BEER' not cos we're tramps or anything just cos it's well, free beer. I say 'no no no no... I'm giving it back' cos I'm running bad and [censored] and it's probably like two hours wages for this dude and maybe I'm starting to believe in karma or something. Everyone is like 'WTF GIVE IT BACK ARE YOU RETARDED???' but I'm adamant it's the right thing to do so I go inside and give this [censored] greasy hobo his tenner back. He doesn't look all that grateful but whatever, I feel good about myself for a change and go back outside to drink my pint.

Five minutes later the great big gangly streak of piss comes out collecting glasses comes right over to where we're sat, points at me AND ACTUALLY [censored] LAUGHS and says 'wtf did you do that for man? I would have just kept it, can't believe you actually handed it in. You must be rich or [censored] stupid or something'. Then turns round and [censored] off back inside STILL [censored] LAUGHING TO HIMSELF and shaking his head and [censored]. Little prick bastard.

Of course all my mates are in hysterics cos he's made me look a complete wanker and I seriously consider going inside and snapping his [censored] skinny neck.

Ha wow that turned into a rambling rant.

Anyway short answer: fk em, keep it.