Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Bernie is in \'The Well\'

bernie, thanks. a couple for now.

how do you classify your style? TAG, LAG, LAG-TAG? something else?

what is your greatest poker(hold em) strength? weakness?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 PM

Any adjustments going from Online play (mostly the old Party 3/6, 5/10 with some 5/10 6 max) to live play (8/16 half kill and 20/40) that I might have overlooked?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What games do you play live/online now? What were the highest you had played?

[/ QUOTE ]

Online: 10-20(not many full games regularly going higher than that that I've seen.)

Live: 20-40

[ QUOTE ]
Who is the worst poster in the history of 2+2 at either MS/HSLHE?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one in particular stands out.

The waves of people who'd come in and tell us how great they were/are and knew/know everything only never to be heard from again. They come in waves about every 4-6 months.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the 1 thing I should know about taking shots at bigger live games(30/60+)?

[/ QUOTE ]

The players aren't as good as you may think they are. Higher limit doesn't necesarily mean better players.

[ QUOTE ]
Name 1 player you would stake 10% of your bankroll for under any conditions if you had just found out he/she went broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not big into staking or lending money for gambling. Unless it's a ridiculously low amount.

I'd have to wonder why they went broke. It sounds cliche and all, but I'd try to help them in other ways other than staking them. After all, if they went broke, you'd still have to make sure their game is good enough to lend. The fact they're broke usually means different. Not to mention, you'd have to probably worry about their living expense roll. By the same token, I wouldn't want to be staked by anyone. I'd hate to lose their money especially if I couldn't cover it right away.

[ QUOTE ]
Who is the most underrated 2p2 poster in all of LHE history? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough question. There are alot of them. Many who don't post anymore that new guys don't get to interact with. Some who stayed on for a about year or so then left. This ? is about as tough as naming the early 2+2'ers list.

I think one that comes to mind is someone who's posts someone referred me to and I went through and looked at all their stuff and learned quite a bit. Louie Landale seemed to have quietly given great advice/ideas over the years.

I will give mention here to KJS as, early on, I learned quite a bit from him before he went on hiatus. He was pretty instrumental in making me really embrace betting out with the nuts on the flop and looking into reasons behind it and why it works well. Which was probably where I really began to look at the psychology of the game.

[ QUOTE ]
Favorite BBV4L/BBV/OOT/NVG topic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many to just say one. I dig some of the trip reports the most, I guess. But if I ever became president, I'd make a OOT into a section of the CIA. They seem to be able to find anything. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Old 08-27-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you classify your style? TAG, LAG, LAG-TAG? something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely TAG. Took me awhile to shed the 'nut player' image.

[ QUOTE ]
what is your greatest poker(hold em) strength? weakness?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strength: Reading people and adjusting to them. Game psychology.

Weakness: Don't risk as much as I should('ve). Sometimes I think too hard instead of just playing. Essentially, overthinking. Not playing enough hours.

b
Old 08-27-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Louie Landale seemed to have quietly given great advice/ideas over the years.

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to hijack, but i've read a bunch of his posts in the archives. really good stuff.

sorry, i've just never really seen his name discussed much so thought i would chime in.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any adjustments going from Online play (mostly the old Party 3/6, 5/10 with some 5/10 6 max) to live play (8/16 half kill and 20/40) that I might have overlooked?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. What adjustments have you done so far? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Live will be easier. You have to remember to adjust downward to their skill level. It will likely be a more passive/predictable game as will be the profile of your typical opponent.

20-40 you'll probably see some tougher guys more often, but not near as much as an online 5-10.

b
Old 08-27-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to hijack, but i've read a bunch of his posts in the archives. really good stuff.

sorry, i've just never really seen his name discussed much so thought i would chime in.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't post as often now. I think I've seen a post of his once or twice in about a year now. He was kind of a hidden gem back then.

b
Old 08-27-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure. What adjustments have you done so far? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff less, isolate less (lots of "reasonable" players will call a single raise with just about anything out of the blinds), give pre-flop raisers credit for stronger hands until I know their standards, expect to see AK-AJ just call pre-flop. Similar tightening of ranges I put people on when they raise the turn or river. As I result I'm also 3-betting those streets a lot less. Also of note is getting better at tell warfare (not giving information, learning what to watch and when.)

For what it's worth I play in California.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't post as often now. I think I've seen a post of his once or twice in about a year now. He was kind of a hidden gem back then.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

i've seen one post of his(since the first upgrade)that i remember in the past year or two.

so what does bernie do in his spare time?

what is your primary source of income?

any hokie "favorite hands" for any reasons? i love 9Ts. some of the biggest pots i've ever won were with 9Ts. it just variance, but i'm goofy like that.

if not hold em, what poker game?

married? kids?

how old are you?

what's your favorite band/music group/entertainer?

can you think of any more stupid questions i should ask? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what does bernie do in his spare time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Post on 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I'm now in school for massage therapy. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
what is your primary source of income?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker.

Along with holding up a sign at freeway onramps.

[ QUOTE ]
any hokie "favorite hands" for any reasons? i love 9Ts. some of the biggest pots i've ever won were with 9Ts. it just variance, but i'm goofy like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

JKo. It's fun to say fast.

Fwiw, the biggest pots I've won were with 99. Both times it was a set and both times no bets went in on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
if not hold em, what poker game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably none. Might go back to BJ.

[ QUOTE ]
married? kids?

[/ QUOTE ]

No and thank god no.

[ QUOTE ]
how old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
what's your favorite band/music group/entertainer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Van Halen w/ Dave.
Though I do love Fu Manchu and Lords of Acid. Debra Ostrega is hot.

[ QUOTE ]
can you think of any more stupid questions i should ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure someone will post a myspace survey asking me my favorite color...LOL

b
Closed Thread