Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Re: The micro pot limit omaha/8 personal challenge .10/.25pl

Can someone help me out with a definition (and yes I did look at the definition on felicia's post but couldn't fine it)

What does 8PTBB/100 mean?

I'm a limit player and am familiar with the 2.5BB/100 but don't know what the "PT" means.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:16 PM

PT is for Pokertracker.

In PLO8 .10/.25.... 1PTBB is .50

I think it stems from the confusion for PL and NL players over whether BB referred to Big Blind or Big Bet. Pokertracker standardizes a "big bet" in PL as twice the big blind.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:57 PM

Just wanted to drop in to comment that this thread should be studied as a point-by-point example of a horrible advice thread. Then, virtually everyone who posted in this thread should have their computer taken away & thrown off the roof of a 10-story building, and then have the remains of that computer swept into a lake. Follow this up with a full-on, haymaker bitch-slap to the side of the face of each of these posters. Conclude with a 50-yd field-goal-strength kick to the nuts of OP.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to drop in to comment that this thread should be studied as a point-by-point example of a horrible advice thread. Then, virtually everyone who posted in this thread should have their computer taken away & thrown off the roof of a 10-story building, and then have the remains of that computer swept into a lake. Follow this up with a full-on, haymaker bitch-slap to the side of the face of each of these posters. Conclude with a 50-yd field-goal-strength kick to the nuts of OP.

[/ QUOTE ]
The force is strong in this one.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:52 PM

Just keep potting with 73KK UTG and repott your villain's AAxx repot and get lucky is a good idea to win at micro limit plo8.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just keep potting with 73KK UTG and repott your villain's AAxx repot and get lucky is a good idea to win at micro limit plo8.

[/ QUOTE ]
The force is strong in this one.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:33 PM

I don't give advice, I give an opinion. I make sure that they know that I have no idea what I am doing, and that I just feeling like posting. As long as I keep 10tabling for 10bb/100 I will see myself as a god.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get to februarymute if it kills you.

-g
Old 03-01-2006, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel the variance is slightly higher in PLO8 than LO8. You can lower the variance playing like a rock and nut peddler (me), but due to the risk of losing your entire buy-in in one hand, I believe the variance is slightly higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can simply look in PT and see what your winrate and variance is. As a general rule, winrates in NL/PL games (expressed in $/100 hands) will have lower variance than in limit games and it is not close.

-g
Old 03-01-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel the variance is slightly higher in PLO8 than LO8. You can lower the variance playing like a rock and nut peddler (me), but due to the risk of losing your entire buy-in in one hand, I believe the variance is slightly higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can simply look in PT and see what your winrate and variance is. As a general rule, winrates in NL/PL games (expressed in $/100 hands) will have lower variance than in limit games and it is not close.

-g

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're talking about variance stats in PT are you talking about Standard Deviation? Does that figure actually tell you anything?

In my 38,000 hands of LO8 my SD/100 hands is 18.8 and my winrate is 5.03BB/100 hands. What do you suppose my earnings graph would look like?