Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: No wonder I keep losing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pre is fine too?

does roc ever fold, like if you were to fsdr the turn or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how we can fold pairs on the button 3 handed so I am not sure if you or HOWMANY is saying that.

As far as your question, I think Roc is more likely to 3 bet a hand with air than fold any hand you want him to fold. The turn spade putting up a second draw is just too likely to be viewed as a semibluff from a dude with "suspicious" as his middle name.

Roc and folding don't belong in the same sentence. Bug, have you already forgotten his CR and 4 bet with 72 on the Txx board?

Edit to say wtf is going on here preflop? Are we 3 handed still? Just reread the post and it looks like we are indeed 5 handed and you are UTG. Meh, just stay away from this hand. Doubtful it is profitable and will just jack up your variance, especially when you are running rough sean.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, earlier in that say I saw roc raise or reraise pre and fold to flop c/r's. sooooo I dunno?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know who this roc guy is but if you want to continue at least raise the flop and bet the turn to maybe get TT-66 to fold and then check behind river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand Roc. I can't even get him to fold and he likely views me as a lot more passive than HOWMANY. It just ain't happening in a shorthanded game. Maybe if you raise and then 3 barrel but we will be seeing the river card here very very often no matter what line we take. He is the ultimate SD monkey and can spew off chips like nobody alive when he is missing.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 AM

From what I understand about Roc, you can't really put him on a hand. He could have just about anything. And he's going to the river. That being the case, I want to play only the upper half of the deck against him. And I don't want to be just calling every street so he figures he can continue on to hit one of his cards higher than a 3 with relative impunity.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:25 AM

Everything I'm reading here suggests that I'm making it to showdown with my hand, neither giving Roc the opportunity to outplay me nor expecting him to fold any sort of hand. Call, call, call some more.

-Michael
Old 08-24-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I understand about Roc, you can't really put him on a hand. He could have just about anything. And he's going to the river. That being the case, I want to play only the upper half of the deck against him. And I don't want to be just calling every street so he figures he can continue on to hit one of his cards higher than a 3 with relative impunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately you will often be stuck in hands against him where you will have no alternative. If you think you are going to outLAG him I wish you luck.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd fold this preflop.
postflop totally depends on your relationship with Roc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen you open 55 UTG+1 in a 1/2 game with a decent amount of coldcalling.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:16 PM

Seems like playing against Roc would be quite profitable. All you need is to have a better hand and then bet like crazy.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like playing against Roc would be quite profitable. All you need is to have a better hand and then bet like crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah a lot of people think this about super aggressive players. I know a lot of people that think exactly like this in regard to quite a few 2+2ers. Those people are going to slowly go broke like poor old Broomcorn's uncle, wondering how spazzes won all their money.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:05 PM

After playing with Roc a couple of times at Ocean's, I think you should probably muck on the flop or call the flop and c/r the turn. I don't see too much value in calling down as there are only a few hands in his 3-betting range here you beat (AK, AJ, AT, and KJ off the top of my head).

And it would just suck if he flipped over 44.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:29 PM

So why not then just put in 3.5 big bets before the hand is played and see who has the best cards at the end? I'd sure rather have at least one card higher than a 3.