Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Shopping on ebay

I forgot the lighters! Being a smoker who loses lighters left and right, I buy boxes and boxes of lighters (like they have on display at the store) for about $.10 per lighter. I've bought over 600 lighters in the past 5 years and to this date, I don't have a single one from them.

T
Old 08-28-2007, 05:55 PM

i usually only buy dvds and small consumer electronics on ebay. never had any serious problems.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 PM

I am an avid ebayer both buy and sell. If I am looking for anything I check there first. I just sold a couple of toy trucks and with that money bought phil gordons litle green book (9.00 including shipping).

I love to browse the "Weird Stuff" section. You find stuff like:

Shoulder Fired Toilet Paper Bazooka - Plans - NEW!!! buy it now 9.99

Way cool!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am an avid ebayer both buy and sell. If I am looking for anything I check there first. I just sold a couple of toy trucks and with that money bought phil gordons litle green book (9.00 including shipping).

Way cool!

[/ QUOTE ]
did you buy one?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 PM

bedsheets

towels
Old 08-28-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Way cool!

[/ QUOTE ]
did you buy one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not. It wasnt that I didnt want one, my wife talked me out of it and that is one reason I love her so.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've also done fairly poorly--albeit years ago--finding used, out of print, books there. Other sites like Alibris and increasingly Amazon are much easier to use.

[/ QUOTE ]I've found the same thing for selling books, CDs, and DVDs. Using Ebay to sell stuff is just harder than Amazon. You have to wait for payment. You only have a few days to sell the item before you have to relist. At Amazon, you list it and forget about it. If it doesn't sell in 90 days, just relist. As soon as you get an email from Amazon, you've already been paid and you can send the item. Plus, it seems that more people looking for books, CDs, and DVDs look at Amazon than Ebay. I've had CDs on Ebay that never sold that were sold at Amazon within a couple of days.

As for what I do use Ebay for, clothing is a good example. One thing my wife uses it for is cosmetics (moisturizers, hair products, etc.). Often can be found cheap.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I buy pro V1X golf balls used on eBay. I like the ball, but am not good enuff to justify spending 50 bucks a dozen for new ones. So I got 5 dozen in decent shape used for about 90 bucks. Now I dont have to look for a lost ball as long.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do the same for ProV's and recommend it to anyone, for any type of ball they prefer to play.
AAAA quality.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 AM

I used to be super hot for a few things, namely clothes and 'unattainables'.

Clothes were easy to do. I'd only search for brand names that were pricey, hard to find, and that I already owned, so I knew the fit and sizing. I often now will 'double shop': visit the mall and will check out eBay after to see if it is for sale for less or in a size the store lacked or a different color etc. I don't browse for clothes though, it's an incredibly hard system to browse on, I find. I really hope they turn things around there soon, actually.

I also look for unattainables occasionally. Things that I can't buy in my city in Canada. Things from Bath and Body works, Victoria's Secret, crap like that.

eBay can also make for some awesome weird gifts. Sometimes I'll randomly type a word of something a friend or family member is currently into at eBay and see what turns up. I've found weird art, vintage posters, all sorts of strange things.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WIA, If HK tailors as a group demonstrate anything it's that bespoke does not necessarily mean quality. Most of their work is shoddy. And there's the issue of going to HK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any details abou tthis? I was thinking of getting a WWChan suit in November when they come to the states.