Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: I\'m obsessed with peanut butter

Well, she's not my mother, ya know, so she can't do that. Though she sometimes claims I'm immature. Heh, she's more immature than me. I can prove it. The other night, she came in the bathroom whilst I was having a bath and sank all my boats.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is Legavulin (and can your write it out phonetically please?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Lagavulin (lag-a-VOO-lin). Perhaps the best Islay whiskey, which is a brand of single malt Scotch whiskies characterized by their heavy peat and smoke taste. Better than peanut butter imo.

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is a pimento, anyway? I mean, besides an oblong red squishy thing you put in olives?

[/ QUOTE ]
A variant of red pepper.

Glad to be of service all!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Growing up, I always had creamy peanut butter, because, you know, that's what my parents bought. Until now, I've never even thought about it. Now that I am thinking about it, I'd almost certainly would like chunky a lot more.

Let the word ring forth from this time and this place, gentlemen: I resolve to go try some chunky peanut butter. Probably soon. We'll see how it goes.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is a pimento, anyway? I mean, besides an oblong red squishy thing you put in olives?

[/ QUOTE ]
A variant of red pepper.

Glad to be of service all!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a red pepper? Are you sure? To think all these years I've been pulling out the squishy thing and putting it on my plate. I would have eaten it if I had known it was a red pepper.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go back and forth between sunflower seeds, honey wheat pretzel twists, and Lagavulin. Usually about a month on each.

Except the Lagavulin, that's a constant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honey wheat pretzels are the greatest food invention of all time. Seriously. I go through at least 3 bags a week.

And peanut butter is my ultimate favourite. I eat it nightly by the spoonful (okay, I lied. I actually just scoop it out with my fingers. Nasty I know, but I can't help myself). I went through a phase of trying it as a condiment on just about anything. Believe it or not, hot dogs and peanut butter are delicious. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:01 PM

I am obsessed with Pirouline cookies, by the way (and the Pepperidge Farm knock-offs, they are almost as good). I advise you all to never start, as you will not be able to stop.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I go back and forth between sunflower seeds, honey wheat pretzel twists, and Lagavulin. Usually about a month on each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honey wheat pretzels are the greatest food invention of all time. Seriously. I go through at least 3 bags a week.

And peanut butter is my ultimate favourite. I eat it nightly by the spoonful (okay, I lied. I actually just scoop it out with my fingers. Nasty I know, but I can't help myself). I went through a phase of trying it as a condiment on just about anything. Believe it or not, hot dogs and peanut butter are delicious. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spread peanut butter on celery stalks. Mmmmmmmm...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With raisins. Ants on a log. The key here for you peanut butter noobs is that the celery must be dry. Wet celery leads to slippery peanut butter. Which leads to a mess. Which leads to an unhappy wife. Which, in turn, leads to an unhappy Dude.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With raisins. Ants on a log. The key here for you peanut butter noobs is that the celery must be dry. Wet celery leads to slippery peanut butter. Which leads to a mess. Which leads to an unhappy wife. Which, in turn, leads to an unhappy Dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

raisins?

It's like I don't even know you any more.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 PM

Peanut butter scooped out of the jar with fingers is incredibly gross.

I liked pickled stuff. Love dills, pickled onions, pickled olives, pickled mango, pickled papaya, pickled daikon radish, kim chee. The Japanese do this dish called oshinko which is a bunch of the different veggies they pickle, and they pickle almost everything. They pickle it so it's crispy though, not like those warm squishy pickles we often get. Pickled crunchy spinach is really great.

I've read that Indians pickle stuff like crazy, but though I've been to the occasional Indian restaurant, I've never seen any pickles of any sort there. I'd love to see and taste! the way Indians pickle stuff.