Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: So I ordered every Civilisation game today

OK got the set today, only played Civ 4 so far, am reasonably impressed though have only played the tutorial and the very beginnings of a proper game. I can see theres huge potential for an epic game here I am looking forward to playing into the wee hours of this morning.

Just one question for anyone who owns Civ 4, are there any differences between which religion I pick? Does each one give different bonus or something?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK got the set today, only played Civ 4 so far, am reasonably impressed though have only played the tutorial and the very beginnings of a proper game. I can see theres huge potential for an epic game here I am looking forward to playing into the wee hours of this morning.

Just one question for anyone who owns Civ 4, are there any differences between which religion I pick? Does each one give different bonus or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No all religions are the same. But i will recommend that you research for one specific religion so that you can get a holy city. When you get a great person, make it build the great holytemple or whatever in your holy city and make $$$$. Spread your religion the rest of your territory. It's also a good idea to try to get your closest civs to get the same religion as yours. That will benefit your mutual understanding and they will be less reluctant to attack you.

I love the whole religion idea.

PS. If you like pissing someone off, nuke their holy city [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 04:21 PM

I feel like civ1 was ok for the times. Civ2 was insanely complicated (from what I remember) and a helluva lot of fun. Civ3 stripped out everything even remotely complicated and was really boring.

Civ 4 is awesome, and brought back the complexity and control of civ2. In addition, each expansion pack adds new levels of complexity and control.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] civ4
Old 08-23-2007, 04:58 PM

I absolutely LOVE Civ 4, as well as the whole series. I recently bought the Beyond the Sword exapansion, and am very happy with it, although the expanded espionage is somewhat weak and there are some bugs with a few of the mods.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:01 PM

I played Civ 1 and Civ 2 so much back in the day. They did a couple of things in Civ 3 that annoyed me a little. Eventually I get around to playing Civ 4.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 PM

Civ I, II, were both amazing.. III felt somewhat like a tacked on release and didnt really bring much to the table, IV is the culimation of the series for sure. Culture has been balanced out, along with some new gameplay mechanics that make much more sense then they used to or are totally new (improvements, civics, religion, diplomacy)