Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: You know it\'s time to call it a night when.....

looking at your HH there might be a couple of debatable plays as somebody said but in general it a "n" event when you lose so many races even though you were behind.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The hand with 8 3 was a critical ATC push. Also, the keeping shorty alive tactic works much better with shorties stack at 200/400, not 600/1200. At that level chips can fly around so fast you can be blinded off as well. I would have just tried to bust the shorty and abuse the two remaining players while they jockey for second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya....I knew as soon as I made the fold it was likely a bad one. I had raised that guy's BB about 5 straight hands so I put his calling range at top 70%. I know he was dying to spite call me too. The previous hand I had raised him all-in with T5o and he was fuming.

As for "tapping the glass", as a previous person mentioned, that was definately a bad move on my part. That guy had been chirping at me for a while by that point. Usually I say nothing, or say something like "This is my first tournament, I'm just learning".

Overall though, I know for certain that protecting the small stack has paid off huge for me. It has backfired a few times in the past as well, but I would guess that for the 3 or 4 times I bubbled I had 15-4-3 ITM breakdown.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 PM

2 thoughts.

1. I should move up to $55 - this is softer than $22s at FTP
2. Turn off players chat.
3. When being spite called by micro-stacks, start calling instead of raising to encourage cooperation from the other big stack. Resume shoving ATC once ITM.