Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: A very interesting spot-- 50nl

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so Villain is 21/19/6 over a pretty substantial sample--- no run ins with him really until the current session--- he has either 4bet shoved or folded to all my 3bets until this one. I think villain took a really weird line in this hand --- I also think he would float the flop with pairs under Q's and I can't see him shoving something Like AQ here, I thought it was a pretty good spot to double barrell--- but who knows, is anyone folding as played? discuss plz

[/ QUOTE ]

What's weird about this line? It's completely standard for an overpair/set?

Calling without a read seems like burning money.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:27 PM

this guy is not your typical nl50 TAG, he is 21/19---- that is a very very loose aggressive style for nl50, I would be super surprised if he showed up with QQ or better here--- I think 55 and AQ would be the 2 hands I worry about most----- As played im getting 5-1 to call river, being that it has to be AsKs or any flush draw 1-5 do you call?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 PM

id rather checkraise all in here then bet/call all in, seems villian is very aggressive and will bet basically any hand in this spot if you check to him. id fold as played..
Old 08-20-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played im getting 5-1 to call river

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting $121 to $30 or ~ 4-1 to call his AI. IMO villian is quite often on a rope-a-dope play with AA, QQ, AQ, or occasionally 55 or 44. After you bet the turn he figured it was time to spring his trap.

Also, why only $6.5 pre-flop? Being OOP I raise more, like $8 or $10, to reduce villian's implied odds.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:30 PM

With the way you have described this villian it looks you are getting stacked here a lot.

"he has either 4bet shoved or folded to your 3bets."

So he is either calling this with a monster or with something like a low pocket pair. Both ranges are ahead of you.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:34 PM

ur turn bet was bad hopefully u realize that now....
Old 08-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Dex, 21/19 is actually not all that bad, I imagine it to be a pretty solid TAG. If he's smooth calling like he is preflop after your saying he has either 4 bet shoved/folded then I think that you are either beat on the flop, or only slightly ahead. I just don't see him smooth calling with AsXs on the flop and then shoving the turn, and I doubt he's doing this with 66 either here, realizing that he's only getting calls from hands he's beat from.

Bet the flop, check turn, and maybe throw out a 1/2 pot size bet on safe river. If raised, then you know you're beat.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:01 PM

im not saying 21/19 is bbaaaaddd---- im just saying you have to adjust your play for his hand ranges--- 19% means hes opening all pocket pairs--- most suited hands and all suited connectors----- also as far as im concearned turn is a brick---- so if i was slightly ahead of a draw on the flop--- im way ahead of a draw now---- plus if he's a "tag" then hes dropping all Q's here besides AQ and you could make an argument he might give up on that now. plus, its a super wet flop---- im positive he has to raise 55 or 44 on this flop----it could be QQ, i doubt it though---- AA is more likely, but his call indicates to me its probably some kind of strong suited connector or whatever

also if you don't like the double barrel, i understand many won't, but against said villain checking here is bad, b/c hes going to steal the pot from me with anything he'd be willing to float the flop with---- I think 88-1010 make up some of his range going into turn too--- obviously hes not shoving these hands

but i think its a big draw with great frequency here---- if so I think i have to call getting 4-1
Old 08-20-2007, 04:02 PM

tell me who villain is and i'll tell you right away if you should bet/call turn.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:28 PM

Checking the turn though might only induce more bluffs or bets by hands that we can actually beat on the flop (66,88-1010) and more missed flush draws, AsJs+.