Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Who\'s the most OVER-Rated person on Madden 08?

Hester deffinitly seems to be unstopable with an 100% speed and a very very high brk tackle ability, much more than real life. but i guess u gotta give the guy somethin incredible considering he ran back a td for the first play of the superbowl
Old 08-23-2007, 01:23 AM

Am I the only one that wants the ratings revamped. I think teams should be starting 60s and in some cases, on bad teams, 50s. It's the NFL, we get that all the players are very good, there's no need to basically start at 75.

The current ratings system doesn't allow for much variation between the very best and the "meh" players. I know it'll probably never happen, given the speed at which changes are made in Madden and the overall feeling of the developers ("Hey guys now it goes up to 100, problem solved").

Cody
Old 08-23-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that wants the ratings revamped. I think teams should be starting 60s and in some cases, on bad teams, 50s. It's the NFL, we get that all the players are very good, there's no need to basically start at 75.

The current ratings system doesn't allow for much variation between the very best and the "meh" players. I know it'll probably never happen, given the speed at which changes are made in Madden and the overall feeling of the developers ("Hey guys now it goes up to 100, problem solved").

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I fired up Madden 95 the day before 08 came out, CHI vs MIN was something like 75 vs 34 in overall rating! I don't know offhand how low the Raiders/Browns are in 08, but I think low 70's should be okay.

And Hester is a beast in this game. Offline he's my 3rd WR and hits the slot for long bombs on All Pro at least once a game not counting his low 50's average KR with at least one TD every other game.

Online he's a good 5th WR and his KR ability is unstoppable, I've ran 90+ KRs once a game. (I love to KR all the way back to 2003, so I'm pretty good at it. With Hester, game over.)
Old 08-23-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to agree but the past couple of years there was still a huge difference in quality of play for a 70 and a 90 rated team.

This year though it seems like they've taken it a step further with player overalls seemingly starting at 80.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be awesome if the ratings for NCAA and Madden were on the same scale, to the point that there would be few, if any players on NCAA (except kickers and other positions where a player can make the jump with little adjustment) that were rated above 80. If all the attributes were 100% comparable (99 speed in madden = 99 speed in NCAA) that would be incredible.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it would be awesome if the ratings for NCAA and Madden were on the same scale, to the point that there would be few, if any players on NCAA (except kickers and other positions where a player can make the jump with little adjustment) that were rated above 80. If all the attributes were 100% comparable (99 speed in madden = 99 speed in NCAA) that would be incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be fantastic, but it's EA, so it will never happen. Hell, they can't even get field goals right, the most basic, percentage driven thing in the game, so I have little hope of them ever making a huge change successfully when it comes to their football franchises.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:44 AM

How does Dallas Clark rate in this game?
Old 08-25-2007, 01:59 PM

Dallas Clark is mid 80's I believe overall. Mid 80s speed and catching as well as awareness I believe.