Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: AK UI take to SD vs. LAG

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the input. I am grateful for it.

I will give you the results now, and NOT as a way to prove anything. The question is after..

Villain shows AJo for ace-high.
Hero wins pot.

So, my question then is: How do I adjust my play to this guy? Or do I just continue to play ABC Poker (even though I'm NOT playing ABC poker cause I suck [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) against him? Should I treat him special (besides making a note about this play) or should I just ignore this play and move on?

The reason I ask is because now he probably thinks I'm a calling station when I have over cards (which I guess I sorta was in this situation). He also may bluff less given that note, but bet his made hands for value against me knowing I'll call. What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

stay out of pots with him ... you'll spew too many bets
Old 08-20-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So, my question then is: How do I adjust my play to this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll have to call him down a little lighter, unless you think he'll adjust due to the way you played this, which isn't likely at this level.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, my question then is: How do I adjust my play to this guy? Or do I just continue to play ABC Poker (even though I'm NOT playing ABC poker cause I suck [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) against him? Should I treat him special (besides making a note about this play) or should I just ignore this play and move on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn to think in a consistent manner. If you think you had the best hand on the flop, then bet the blank turn.

Then go to showdown more often with medium-strength hands and play in a way that induces more value out of your stronger hands (might mean waiting until the turn to raise, or throwing out a screwplay, or things like that).

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I ask is because now he probably thinks I'm a calling station when I have over cards (which I guess I sorta was in this situation). He also may bluff less given that note, but bet his made hands for value against me knowing I'll call. What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should simply observe his play with you in the pot. He might adjust, or he might not. There's only one good way to tell...