Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: NL10 - AA on awful flop - WA/WB

[ QUOTE ]
but I could already be drawing dead to trip Queens, trip Kings or even QK

[/ QUOTE ]

Please remove these thoughts from your brain.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:09 AM

I don't think a VPIP of 20 is tight, and you give him an awful lot of respect. I don't think its possible for a semi-loose-passive short stack to be good. From what I understand of short stack strategy they should only play their premium hands and be very aggressive with them, as they can't rely on implied odds since they kill them by being short, which is why a good short stack has trouble in calling your pfr. When I see a short player who plays too many hands / limps / is too passive I always assume that they have no clue what they are doing and trying to protect themselves from losses by buying in short. The short stacks who are very tight and whose pfr = VPIP know the game better IMO, their blinds can be easily stolen and when they re-raise you know they have a decent hand and then you need to consider folding or pushing depending on their hand range and your own strength.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:12 AM

I dont fold Aces at this level.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 AM

This is not WA/WB

WA/WB refers to a dry flop where against any holding your opponent could have you are either drawing to a few outs, or he is.

On this flop there are plenty of potential draws where you could be ahead, but your opponent is drawing with many outs.

Also, in a WA/WB situation the reason you try to control the pot is because if it grows too big, you're only getting opponents with WA hands to put chips in the middle. Here the pot is big enough relative to stack sizes that plenty of WB hands will be stacking off against you. Since that is the case, you can get it all in with a positive expectation and there is no reason to try and keep the pot small. All trying to keep it small will do is get your chips in the middle when you are WB and let him get off cheaply when you are WA. And of course, those times you are only slightly ahead you will let him cheaply draw out on you, so you don't make any money from draws, but draws can make money from you.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:16 AM

When you get to the flop you should be committed given the stack sizes. If he got lucky, he got lucky. Getting all your money in here is a fine play. The pot is $1 and he only has $3. You shouldn't be worried about pot control at this point.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM

This is a very poorly worded post.

1) You're not drawing dead. Granted, you might have two outs in some cases, but even then you're not dead. Against KQ you're only a 70-30 dog on the flop, and you're in flipament territory against combo draws etc.

2) KK or QQ here would be sets, not trips.

3) Your opponent flat called your raise preflop, he has KK here about 2x/1000.

4) Bet the flop, and get it in regardless, your opponent has 1/3 of a buy in at low stakes. Deep stacked, the hand plays out differently, but for his stack size, you can't do anything but simply get it in and live with the result.