Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Petition: BAN interplayer account transfers at STARS/FTP and other

transferring money is needed, its the only way my friends(fish) can get money online since none of their debit cards work
Old 08-19-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Petition: BAN interplayer account transfers at STARS/FTP and others

the internet forum is always good for some laughs.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
transferring money is needed, its the only way my friends(fish) can get money online since none of their debit cards work

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously banning money transfers sucks, but I think the article author and myself thought that it might cause enough of a buzz to get pokersites to actually hire some collusion experts like Sklansky has been suggesting for the last 10 years.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:19 AM

i think that people starting stupid threads and getting people to waste their time reading them is a bigger problem.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously banning money transfers sucks, but I think the article author and myself thought that it might cause enough of a buzz to get pokersites to actually hire some collusion experts like Sklansky has been suggesting for the last 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars had over 15 collusion investigators when I worked there, all with tools so advanced you can't even think of them. I am sure there are many more employees now with even better tools.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:27 AM

then these guys would use neteller/etc. and this would be even harder to detect
Old 08-19-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars had over 15 collusion investigators when I worked there, all with tools so advanced you can't even think of them. I am sure there are many more employees now with even better tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. You probably can't say, but how often do they catch cheaters? Any big collusion rings? Honest players know that cheating goes on, we don't hear much about anything being done about it though.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PokerStars had over 15 collusion investigators when I worked there, all with tools so advanced you can't even think of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they have one of these??
Old 08-19-2007, 01:45 PM

with 15 investigators and super-amazing tools such as kyleb described I kind of wonder how the Teddy's-mom incident could have been fouled up so badly.
Good that they realized their mistake of course and changed some of their procedures as a result at least.

Also wonder how it took them so long to catch on to Zee's multi-accounting ways as well as others. It seemed they really didn't even look into it that much until after he was caught on Party.

I am mostly pretty sold on Stars detection abilities vs. the other sites but obviously it wasn't infallible fairly recently so I'm not convinced that it's infallible now.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am mostly pretty sold on Stars detection abilities vs. the other sites but obviously it wasn't infallible fairly recently so I'm not convinced that it's infallible now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100% with this statement.

My understanding of what happened with my mom's situation was that basically there was a single individual over there, Jeff, who mis-read a key piece of data about just how many hours she was playing (he apparently claimed that she had been multi-tabling the microlimits for 40-hours straight, which he later admitted was an error on his part). Problem is that Jeff is a bigwig in bot detection over there, and from what I could tell, there wasn't much oversight to his decisions. Lee Jones himself wrote to my mom that it was his trust in Jeff's abilities that made him so certain that she was indeed a bot. So I guess the answer is that even with high-tech thingamajobs, and what-not, there's still a very human judgment element too all of it, which can turn out to be a limiting factor.