Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Blind Steal FPS???

t7o if u like to burn money
Old 08-17-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising donkbets is standard but raising pot-sized donkbets on a sunshine flop when you have no pair no draw is a bit bullish for me

[/ QUOTE ]

So when should we stray from the norm...
Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 PM

Button stealing with T7o against a lagtard is not a smart play
Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raising donkbets is standard but raising pot-sized donkbets on a sunshine flop when you have no pair no draw is a bit bullish for me

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if there is a very good chance your opponent will fold. So really, you should have some type of read that would indicate this. Your pokertracker stats actually indicate the opposite - that your opponent is a calling station. Bluffing in the vast majority of cases is a mistake against this type of player. Bluffing with complete air generally doesn't work well at this level. So many players will call you with junk that it usually is not a profitable move. Again, when you bluff like this, you want your opponent to fold, so you need some good evidence that your opponent actually will fold.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM

I don't really understand your question. To explain what I was saying, it is often profitable at uNL to raise the flop if you are the pre-flop raiser and someone bets into you from out of position, because their bet is often a rather feeble and ill-thought-out stab with some kind of mediocre hand that can't stand much heat. However, I am less inclined to do this if my opponent makes a fairly strong bet (like a pot-sized bet for example) because a) it costs a lot more to bluff/semibluff-raise them off and b) such bets are less often FOS. In addition, villain in this hand is betting out on a single-suited flop, which would make me more inclined to believe he has a strong hand that he is unlikely to let go of cheaply. And finally, your hand has no draw or showdown value whatsoever (unlike if you were doing this with eg the bare Ah)

If you mean when, despite these considerations, should we pump the flop with T7o anyway, I'd say something like when you have some kind of sick read that villain's bet actually means weakness here, when you think villain is capable of making a laydown, when you are sure you can push him off it on the turn, esp if you also have a very tight image etc... Not necessarily all but one or more of the above, and I'm not sure any of them really apply here
Old 08-17-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Several buy-in levels up from where you're at.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Nice Explaination MO ty
Old 08-17-2007, 03:41 PM

Maybe open with this hand, but just throw it away when a 52/10 limps. And don't even think of raising his donk bet here.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:13 PM

this play is basically complete spew, i don't even think it's fps-- just spew. you are just moving the slider and hoping that he folds
Old 08-17-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button stealing with T7o against a lagtard is not a smart play

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot more problem with stealing from a lagtard than I do regarding the T7o. It isn't like our cards matter given our position. We aren't going to showdown, like ever. The actual equity difference is small (between this and T7s), ease of play is irrelevant because we have AKo as far as villain is concerned. The fact that he's a lagtard, though, that's a showstopper. You can't steal from someone who gives it away.