Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Hero makes an expert play, or?

I understand the flop raise to try to fold out UTG, but I would figure if he's folding for two, there is a reasonable chance he'd fold for one. He's probably not going anywhere with spades or other decent draws or pairs, or at least not in my normal CS world. I think I'd just call the flop bet the first time and see what UTG+1 does. If UTG+1 does get out of the way, I don't like raising anywhere unless I can make a set because based on your read, CO is still going to jam with a lot of hands, and I don't think we're in really good shape against any of them.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Hero makes an expert play, or?

I must say I agree with a lot that's been said here. This line-up of opps is the worse possible to make this play agaisnt. Little chance BB will fold a spade and CO will 3-bet almost his entire range which is not good for me. I think the cold-call, 3-bet will happen fairly often, so if I intended to fold to that it's really awful (didn't plan so far ahead though).

I think both c/f and c/c are much better lines. If tyler promise to say nice things about me I will c/f and send him 50 cent every time this exact hand comes up. I think c/c is a little bit better. UTG+1 may fold and we have potentially good equity.