Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Internet pohker is so rigged

[ QUOTE ]
im down like 3 BI i quit [censored] this [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

$30? At least you have great posting skills to fall back on.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:02 PM

O yea...well so is live poker its not possilbe to have 5 PP at once

http://break.com/index/a-crazy-game-of-poker.html
Old 08-17-2007, 02:23 PM

I had a dream the other night that I had 5 aces.. I still lost..
Old 08-17-2007, 02:47 PM

The sites make more when the pot is bigger, obviously. So it's stupid for them not to make the cards fall that create bigger pots and more action. People say this is "rigging" but really it's common sense. A juiced flop or river is blind and doesn't favor one person over another, it just blindly creates a bigger pot so they can in turn, take a bigger rake.

The incredible thing is that it's very exploitable. It's like playing blackjack but getting to be the house. You the player know for certain that draws are going to get there most of the time in big pots because it's more profitable that way for the house. Big river action means more money for the poker site and higher profits.

So of course I bet on the house - and I do so by always drawing to my gutshots for big bets, because I know they are very likely to hit (more than unrigged odds would dictate) on the river. I also don't build pots with made hands because I know the converse is true - if I make the pot big with a made hand then the hands drawing against me are likely to get there more often on average. So why build a pot with a made hand if doing so increases the liklihood that I'm going to lose. It seems all very counter-intuitive especially for live game players. That's why many of the great live pros struggle online (this is well documented by the way - just take peak in NVG).

Again , some will argue that a sites is rigged - but a rigged site is doing nothing illegal or unfair because its favors no one - all players experience the same fate on the river with their drawing hands. The OP here is just failing to adjust. The sites don't care who wins the pot, they just care that the pot is BIG. Everyone experiences the same river juicing - we've all heard all the stories and studies like the OP mentioned. The problem is that often players just sit there and complain, don't adjust, and consequently go broke while the smart card player adapts his game to be more profitable. That's what makes a good player good - the ability to adjust to changing conditions. The house never loses and neither should you.

Btw, I copy & pasted this before in similar threads. Apologies if this is not allowed - but I feel it's highly relevant if threads like this are to remain unlocked - lol.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol I hope he's joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prostate issue. Not funny.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:22 PM

No I'm not joking, I really am down 3 BI....I don't know what to do cause I got a bunch of bills due soon and now I can't pay them. Prolly gonna have to move back in with my parents or something....I don't know if they'll let me though cause they told me I shouldn't try to be an online pro and I shoulda listended [censored] [censored]

My graph looks something like this.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:25 PM

Losing 3 buyins means you can't pay your bills?

You play on a 3-buyin roll? Are you completely retarded or is this a level?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:15 PM

The seedy world of online poker:
1st: They suck you in with massive 1-2 buyin heaters
2nd: They wait until you really need the money
3rd: They crush you & all your dreams of greatness
4th: Profit baby, sweet sweet 3 buy-in lettuce
Old 08-17-2007, 09:16 PM

haha...wow it still surprises me that BBV'ers still can't get such a simple level
Old 08-17-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sites make more when the pot is bigger, obviously. So it's stupid for them not to make the cards fall that create bigger pots and more action. People say this is "rigging" but really it's common sense. A juiced flop or river is blind and doesn't favor one person over another, it just blindly creates a bigger pot so they can in turn, take a bigger rake.

The incredible thing is that it's very exploitable. It's like playing blackjack but getting to be the house. You the player know for certain that draws are going to get there most of the time in big pots because it's more profitable that way for the house. Big river action means more money for the poker site and higher profits.

So of course I bet on the house - and I do so by always drawing to my gutshots for big bets, because I know they are very likely to hit (more than unrigged odds would dictate) on the river. I also don't build pots with made hands because I know the converse is true - if I make the pot big with a made hand then the hands drawing against me are likely to get there more often on average. So why build a pot with a made hand if doing so increases the liklihood that I'm going to lose. It seems all very counter-intuitive especially for live game players. That's why many of the great live pros struggle online (this is well documented by the way - just take peak in NVG).

Again , some will argue that a sites is rigged - but a rigged site is doing nothing illegal or unfair because its favors no one - all players experience the same fate on the river with their drawing hands. The OP here is just failing to adjust. The sites don't care who wins the pot, they just care that the pot is BIG. Everyone experiences the same river juicing - we've all heard all the stories and studies like the OP mentioned. The problem is that often players just sit there and complain, don't adjust, and consequently go broke while the smart card player adapts his game to be more profitable. That's what makes a good player good - the ability to adjust to changing conditions. The house never loses and neither should you.

Btw, I copy & pasted this before in similar threads. Apologies if this is not allowed - but I feel it's highly relevant if threads like this are to remain unlocked - lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

and LOL @ OP

you guys are great