Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL live - Top 2, draw heavy board

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he has a naked K here. A limp UTG and a check-raise on this flop say to me what they say to you: 77, KT, KQh, maybe KJh. TT is possible, but it seems as if he'd raise with that, and you have a T.

I still worry about the three players behind, too, although I can't imagine they have a made hand.

Best case, we're a little better than a coin flip against KQh (heads up) and about tied with KT.

PM me results, please, if you do not plan to post them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Finally, someone who is considering the UTG limp range. I think TT is sometimes a limp here. Kxh, T7 and K7 are less likely. That being said, the KQh, AJh, KQo, are all just as possible as KT and 77. I'll hold out for any other comments, and post results in a bit.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgot to add: Personally, I would have bet (close to pot if not pot) that flop, but I understand why you didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about it, but I was still in fairly Early Position with 5 players to act after me. I'd rather not get called in this spot and have to worry about the 30 something cards in the deck that complete a draw. I was planning on making about a pot sized raise when it got back to me.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:15 PM

Alright. So I tanked for a bit obviously, and eventually folded. I think the fact that I had little invested made me err on the side of caution. Anyway, action folded back to SB, who eventually called. Turn Jd. SB pushes for $150, UTG calls. SB shows AQo, UTG shows KhQh. River Ks, and my hand would have been good.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:35 AM

I think the fold was fine.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:45 AM

You're actually not that big of a favorite against the hand he happened to have. If this is the bottom of his range (maybe adding K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) then it's a solid fold. If you add naked kings and/or funky two pair to his range, then you catapult ahead of his range and the fold becomes pretty bad.

The crux of the matter is really whether an apparently tight aggressive player would check raise TPGK five ways in a live $2/5. Obviously, having actually played with the guy, OP has the best idea of this. However, from my personal experience in live games, including $2/5, most players preflop ranges (even the apparent nits) are wider than you think they are. The TAGs aren't 15/10, they're 20/10. The LAGs aren't 20/5, they're 40/10, etc. Even the nits aren't 9/2. They play a lot of crap on the buttton and when they don't like what's on the TV or they've finished their Sudoku or whatever.

Some of this may be that it's slightly more difficult to be positionally aware playing live, since you actually have to turn your head and count to determine your position, whereas online you only have to move your eyes. A lot of people won't bother.