Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: KQ - steal blinds

[ QUOTE ]
15.87/9.17/4.56 - 700 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be careful about capping this guy. He's got a high postflop aggression, but he's pretty tight preflop and doesn't raise often enough to make me think he's going to 3-bet light.

[ QUOTE ]
here i dont make 3bet cus i wanna keep all lower pocet pairs in game (again LAG i play the same).

(again passive player i would just make 3bet and lead turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is worrisome. I don't know why you want to put in lots of bets against a passive player who raises you on a paired board after 3-betting you preflop. I would much rather go to war against a LAG than a passive player.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be careful about capping this guy. He's got a high postflop aggression, but he's pretty tight preflop and doesn't raise often enough to make me think he's going to 3-bet light.

[ QUOTE ]
here i dont make 3bet cus i wanna keep all lower pocet pairs in game (again LAG i play the same).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is worrisome. I don't know why you want to put in lots of bets against a passive player who raises you on a paired board after 3-betting you preflop. I would much rather go to war against a LAG than a passive player.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm
even LP player when he is thinking im a bit too agro can defend his bling with worst hand then mine (i agree that KQ was mistake to cap this PF) and when LP hits set then he ofter overvalue his hand not all villinas bot many i think
Old 08-16-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm
even LP player when he is thinking im a bit too agro can defend his bling with worst hand then mine (i agree that KQ was mistake to cap this PF) and when LP hits set then he ofter overvalue his hand not all villinas bot many i think

[/ QUOTE ]

This is important! He must first think that you're attacking his blinds *AND* he must respond overaggressively in order for you to like your hand. This hand is the type of situation where a lot of action is probably bad. He can't be pushing a flush draw or straight draw, and it's unlikely he's pushing around with an overpair, so he is either going nuts with a weaker hand (as you suggest) or you're getting valuepwned.

Since villain's AF is so high after so many hands, he's probably a raise/fold type of player postflop. I that's why I don't mind hero's postflop line in this situation (I still think he needs to call the 3-bet preflop and make villain pay postflop for his high AF). I just really don't like the "go to war" attitude if villain is passive.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:07 PM

PF: I probably would not cap with KQo. Standard raise, though.

Flop: I don't mind calling a raise here and waiting for the turn, but ONLY if you plan to raise the turn. However, against someone with an aggression factor of 4.56, it might just be better to 3-bet this flop. He may just cap and then you can still check/raise the turn (if that's your line).

Turn: As played, I'd check/RAISE. Unless he has AK or K8, you're ahead. You shouldn't be playing this hand weakly against someone so aggressive as villain. If you'd have 3-bet the flop and he'd have called, I'd bet out here. If he'd have capped the flop after a 3-bet, I'd probably donk (although you could 3-bet if your ABSOLUTELY sure he'll bet).

River: Standard I suppose. Might have ended up differently if the previous streets were played differently, but you got one last bet out of him.

Nick
Old 08-17-2007, 05:21 AM

thx all for reply