Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Big Bang Cooling

[ QUOTE ]

. Given your response, I hope your intent was not to defame Ross and his book and use it as weaponry in the argument for God's existence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not, I want him to be right. I got the impression he was translating for the layman and Perakh was treating his work like it was a technical journal - just wanted to be sure Ross was in the ball park.

Thanks for the input, very helpful.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

. Given your response, I hope your intent was not to defame Ross and his book and use it as weaponry in the argument for God's existence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not, I want him to be right. I got the impression he was translating for the layman and Perakh was treating his work like it was a technical journal - just wanted to be sure Ross was in the ball park.

Thanks for the input, very helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely in the ballpark, it's obvious - to me at least - that Kaj's summary is correct and that Perakh is nitpicking , shooting for the "message board gotcha"
Old 08-16-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Since Hugh Ross is controversial for his views on evolution I don't really see why you would be concerned with a random erroneous sentence on another subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got a Ph.D. in astronomy. If he makes mistakes there it would be a serious issue, even it if was minor.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be if it were the cornerstone of some theory he proposed. This is just an errant sentence. Has no bearing on anything (that I can tell from the context of your post). I forget how old I am sometimes. I am still an expert on me.

You seem very concerned with building, or tearing down the credibility of people who propose theories. Science doesn't work like that. It is about building or tearing down the credibility of the theories proposed.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to find some cracks in the science of Hugh Ross, just to know if I'm on the right track or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] NR, when are you going to see what a hopeless farce you're playing at with this "open-mindedness?" Listen---if there is one simple premise shared by true science and philosophy, it is this: the truth is yet unknown.

But you believe YOU ALREADY KNOW! So you make much of one cautious step towards a new, but comfortably familiar, idealogue. Yet you ignore your contemptuous dismissals of scores of far more worthy minds!

At least keep your dignity and admit that your faith makes honesty impossible.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

At least keep your dignity and admit that your faith makes honesty impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I was just about to do that the other day and forgot. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Lol. If we could somehow arrange a debate (live or otherwise) decided by an objective panel, it would be hilarious. I mean, I have exactly 9 months of life outside the Protestant bubble and I would still bet on myself vs. any Christian apologist I've read or encountered in SMP.