Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Went to Rush concert last night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
b/c listening to a record/cd/dvd is not comparable to the atmosphere of a live concert

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed. But if they play the same concert all the time, would you want to see them again?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a different matter, but it just depends on good the atmosphere is. for ex, i like rush,dt, etc but rap is my favorite type of music. when i go to rap concert i'm basically expecting to hear the same thing i heard on the cd, but the atmosphere is enough to make me come back.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
b/c listening to a record/cd/dvd is not comparable to the atmosphere of a live concert

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed. But if they play the same concert all the time, would you want to see them again?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a different matter, but it just depends on good the atmosphere is. for ex, i like rush,dt, etc but rap is my favorite type of music. when i go to rap concert i'm basically expecting to hear the same thing i heard on the cd, but the atmosphere is enough to make me come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rush may strive to play similarly to their Records and albums but that does not mean all their concerts are the same.

People go to see Rush because they are arguably the best musicians of any Rock band out there right now. The atmosophere of one of their concerts is entirely different than listening to an album. Plus a Neil Peart solo alone is worth the price of any admission.

Even if Rush played the same set list over again at a concert (which they do not), I would pay to see them any day of the week at a venue such as Jones Beach amphitheater. I saw them awhile back (1993) there and to this day that was the most amazing concert I have ever went to. .......my .02
Old 08-17-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rush may strive to play similarly to their Records and albums but that does not mean all their concerts are the same.

People go to see Rush because they are arguably the best musicians of any Rock band out there right now. The atmosophere of one of their concerts is entirely different than listening to an album. Plus a Neil Peart solo alone is worth the price of any admission.

Even if Rush played the same set list over again at a concert (which they do not), I would pay to see them any day of the week at a venue such as Jones Beach amphitheater. I saw them awhile back (1993) there and to this day that was the most amazing concert I have ever went to. .......my .02

[/ QUOTE ]

never seen them live, i was just going on what he said. what would you say specifically makes their concerts worth seeing multiple times if they are the same.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what would you say specifically makes their concerts worth seeing multiple times if they are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if Rush were to return to Houston soon, I wouldn't go see them again cause their songs always sound the same. I do like some variety and improv, not the exact same performance night after night.

FWIW, I've been playing guitar for 20+ years, and I never play a solo the same way twice. Hearing a song live that sounds exactly like the record - no thanks. What I want in a concert is extended jams I can never hear anywhere else. Rush, while an excellent band, never does this. Oh well, still was a fun show.

L8r.. BB
Old 08-17-2007, 07:50 AM

I've seen Rush about three times. Prior to my first time going I was sorta meh on them not really a huge fan but some of there stuff I liked. Then I went to the concert. Man they put on a great show and it got me hooked. I wouldn't call my self a huge fan but when they come around I go see them here in NY (if I can)
Old 08-17-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what would you say specifically makes their concerts worth seeing multiple times if they are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if Rush were to return to Houston soon, I wouldn't go see them again cause their songs always sound the same. I do like some variety and improv, not the exact same performance night after night.

FWIW, I've been playing guitar for 20+ years, and I never play a solo the same way twice. Hearing a song live that sounds exactly like the record - no thanks. What I want in a concert is extended jams I can never hear anywhere else. Rush, while an excellent band, never does this. Oh well, still was a fun show.

L8r.. BB

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what someone else said. i'd like to hear what miami thinks sine he agrees that they do/can sound the same, but would go again anyway.