Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: NL$200| AK (TPTK) is it ok to go broke here?

[ QUOTE ]
I would end up going bust here nearly always but your line is weird. It looks like your trying to induce a push but only from air. So I guess you got what you wanted when he pushes and your now not going to fold.

Why no flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the very reason you stated - I decided to try and represent an under pair or possibly a draw to potentially induce a bluff or at the very least set up a more substantial river call. Because I got what I wanted I was never going to fold. This was the 'mix up' play as I bet that flop quite often (80%+). I guess the point of my post is; is there anyway to ever fold this hand on that board. I don't see how. As others have said, you've got to go bust.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:00 PM

no way to fold...loads of ways to play it.

Pretty much anyline where you dont fold is good
Old 08-16-2007, 12:17 AM

why play the flop weak with a very strong hand?? you put in the last bet pre-flop. lead out on the flop. bet this the entire way.

define your on the flop. it will make decisions on turn easier. if he raises you on flop he is probably outkicked or hit a set on you. if he check calls on flop, you start value betting.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:26 AM

you guys are like robots i swear. is their not some validity to folding seeing as the guy raises you all in on the turn and has completely superstandard stats that scream something better than tptk?

I mean I guess he could have AQ? i don't know...........i understand not folding and everything, but i never ever ever ever win these hands in this spot.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:34 AM

OP's turn lead was uberweak and his hand is underrepped. No way can he fold here.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:04 AM

Yeah I guess you have to call and stick to your line here....folding is horrible given that your plan was to induce a bluff (plus your way underrepped)
Old 08-16-2007, 06:28 AM

So we agree that because I deliberately underrepped my hand I can't fold. But there are some that feel I can maybe get away if I was to have played it more standard (2/3rd lead flop, etc)?

What I will say is that I can't win on this board. I remember a few months back I got flamed to death because I said that I bet these flops with KK+,AK 99.9% of the time (and I did). 20+ posters waded in with wa/wb theory and explained to me that I have to play differently since I'm either miles ahead of villain or toast. Thus, I take a line here that tries to disguise my TPTK on a fairly safe board and most people are saying I should be leading out hard on this flop? WTF? How can I win?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:20 PM

I think the idea is bascially you are going broke here most of the time ......that is just how it is. If you lead the flop, you are definitely getting it all in.

In my opinion, the way you played it, you can get away from it on the turn. What 18/15/1.5 is like OMG UNDERREPPED BLUFF BLUFF BLUFF ALL IN.

the only hands i think he has that you beat are like AQ and ....i don't know what else.

im sure i am *completely wrong* but w/e.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:26 PM

you played it perfectly imo.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the idea is bascially you are going broke here most of the time ......that is just how it is. If you lead the flop, you are definitely getting it all in.

In my opinion, the way you played it, you can get away from it on the turn. What 18/15/1.5 is like OMG UNDERREPPED BLUFF BLUFF BLUFF ALL IN.

the only hands i think he has that you beat are like AQ and ....i don't know what else.

im sure i am *completely wrong* but w/e.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if you put him on a range of just AA, 99 and AK (so drawing dead against 4 combinations or a split against another 4) it's almost a call, because of the odds you're getting. If he just occasionally has a worse hand like AQ the call is very clear.