Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Re: gamboool?

This the sort of stuff that happens in limit all the time when you get trapped into calling calling calling when the pot odds seem sweet every time it gets back to you but in the matter of fact you are just getting trapped into calling a ton once you make the initial call. And yes the reraiser might fold here if he has a hand like KKxx QQxx or doesn't feel like gambling but that wasn't the real point. The point was that if we call now we are going to be allin preflop anyways, so safe yourself the trouble and just do it yourself, from time to time you might trap dead money from the cutoff in to the pot when he folds.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This the sort of stuff that happens in limit all the time when you get trapped into calling calling calling when the pot odds seem sweet every time it gets back to you but in the matter of fact you are just getting trapped into calling a ton once you make the initial call. And yes the reraiser might fold here if he has a hand like KKxx QQxx or doesn't feel like gambling but that wasn't the real point. The point was that if we call now we are going to be allin preflop anyways, so safe yourself the trouble and just do it yourself, from time to time you might trap dead money from the cutoff in to the pot when he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comparing PLO to Limit is ridiculous. Also, neither raiser is folding if HERO shoves where you want him to.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:01 AM

I called because I want the overaggro donkey IN the hand, not OUT of it. My hand plays excellent in a multiway pot and I like winning big pots. Also, ribbo's point of folding completely uncoordinated boards holds true as well (assuming donkey didn't repop behind me after shorties second raise).

Once he pushed, even though he was a bit spewy I was pretty sure it was aces, and by my math this one is right about on the edge as far as EV gambools go. But if you throw in the fact that occasionally he can show up with a random hand here I think it makes it a +EV gamble.

FWIW he had a crappy AAxx hand low sidecards no suits, flop came Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or some [censored] like that which made me a HUGE fav, then naturally blanked out.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comparing PLO to Limit is ridiculous. Also, neither raiser is folding if HERO shoves where you want him to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe true but that illustrated a good point very clearly.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:10 PM

In any variant of holdem, routinely making overcalls or a bet and a raise with anything less than a premium is pretty awful. In omaha it's often correct to make overcalls in similar spots with hands like this.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and I like winning big pots

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really, wow! Thanks for the update. How is this hand even thread worthy other than you want to whine about missing a big pot?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In limit it is always correct to at least call if you have any kind of a draw.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really, wow! Thanks for the update. How is this hand even thread worthy other than you want to whine about missing a big pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your contribution.

It's threadworthy because I wondered if the better PLO posters on the forum gambled in spots like this or passed, and got some great input.

The thread was fine until you showed up. Bravo.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In limit it is always correct to at least call if you have any kind of a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when you get sandwiched to calling 3 bets when you thought you were calling just one. You can't call based on just pot odds when you are not closing the action.
Especially in a situation where its very very likely that someone will raise after you.
And what you said is totally wrong. Drawing in limit is a lot more than just wow Im getting such good odds I call.