Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Do you stack off here?

[ QUOTE ]
you can not assume, in a 1 dollar donkament no less, that if someone cold calls a bet and a raise, its a huge hand. sure it is some of the time, but its often not. this is a king so often, or even a medium pocket pair...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the more along the type of response I am looking for - looking for your reasonings why. Why does the buyin matter SOO much? If it was the Sunday Million, would you be more inclined to believe it was a 2 and be willing to fold? Or do you play it the same way FTW?

[ QUOTE ]
but you wouldnt have posted this if he didnt have the 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong - please stop assuming that the ONLY way I would post this is if he had a deuce, that is not correct.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:27 AM

I think the advice above is clear. The 1 dollar fields play like free rolls. If you're going to call the shove from the cut off, stick the rest in right there. If the BB has a deuce in his hand, then so be it. If you don't plan on calling that shove then fold, but I'd do it reluctantly.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can not assume, in a 1 dollar donkament no less, that if someone cold calls a bet and a raise, its a huge hand. sure it is some of the time, but its often not. this is a king so often, or even a medium pocket pair...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the more along the type of response I am looking for - looking for your reasonings why. Why does the buyin matter SOO much? If it was the Sunday Million, would you be more inclined to believe it was a 2 and be willing to fold? Or do you play it the same way FTW?

[ QUOTE ]
but you wouldnt have posted this if he didnt have the 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong - please stop assuming that the ONLY way I would post this is if he had a deuce, that is not correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then why would you post a pretty easy hand then?

but yes buyin matters. because in higher buyins, they arent doing this, and it would be transparent that they has a 2 because the board is so dry. but in the freerolls there is no logic in their plays...first level thinking supreme, theyre thinking "all right top pair" or "pocket pair all right"
Old 08-14-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well then why would you post a pretty easy hand then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I'm a bad player, and trying to figure out how easy this was.....

[ QUOTE ]
but yes buyin matters. because in higher buyins, they arent doing this, and it would be transparent that they has a 2 because the board is so dry. but in the freerolls there is no logic in their plays...first level thinking supreme, theyre thinking "all right top pair" or "pocket pair all right"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is what I'm trying to figure out. Thank you for your responses, I do appreciate the feedback. Your response about it being transparent, that is how it appeared to me - transparent that he had a 2. You are saying that it would be transparent, so in a higher buyin, betting out would be the preferable play with the deuce and hope to get shoved on by AK, right?

I thought it was transparent, and me being a bad player, laid this down. CO showed QQ and BB had AK. So no, I didn't post becuase he had a deuce, but because I thought from the play he had a deuce, and wanted to know if my play was way off - obviously it was the wrong thing to do, and I appreciate the feedback, truly.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:43 AM

but in a higher buyin, it would be extremely hard to put him on a hand in this spot, because he really shouldnt be calling pre with a hand containing a duece, unless he flopped quads, or theres a chance of KQ if theyre a bad player

meanwhile in the lower buyins, hes not concerned with that, players like the big/little hands like K7, just because of the K, being unaware that hitting the K != big hand. so theyll overplay it.

so id say its a much harder decision in a bigger limit tourney, but very easy shove in the micros