Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 08:07 AM

Default Re: A second dbitel vid

I dled the codecs and it didnt work in VLC player but DID work totally fine in windows media.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 AM

Codecs wont work for vlc people.
Quicktime for mac users, and WMP for windows.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:34 AM

very nice video,I especially like the part about playing combo draws and fold equity,very solid comments,thanks dbitel
Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 AM

Great video dbitel, as good as the cardrunners videos and free, hopefully the fish who were sitting at your table never see it, I would hate for them to improve.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys. As promiced....here's my 2nd vid and its at 100nl. Got in 1 or 2 interesting spots, but nothing crazy. Its 4 tables of 100nl.

link is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9LK0X4GQ

codecs if needed are here: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell's Yeah baby. I'm going to download this when I can escape to my lab.

+EV
Old 08-13-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
chomp, is that having d/l the codecs too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it.

For any other techno-morons in the audience: once you d/load the codec (lol, whatever the fksksk a codec is), you then have actually open/install it.

So d/load codec, double click on it, click install and bingo, video in glorious sound and vision. Both d/load and install are almost instantaneous.

Look forward to watching.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 AM

I think this video - the playing style - is absolute gold for uNL/SSNL players for a whole bunch of reasons.

1. I think it shows that the cliche of aggression at all costs (postflop) is not always correct. In fact, at low stakes games a more circumspect postflop game is often best. This is what I would call a "value" approach to the game rather than an "aggro" approach (although of course these are not mutually exclusive approaches by any means). This is simply to say that the majority of our profits at these games comes from value plays with the best hand and not aggro plays seeking FE in marginal spots.

2. It shows the value of folding and/or getting away from hands early. I noticed that Dan didn't really get himself in any nasty spots and I think this is because he is not rashly putting money in the middle such that subsequent bets/raises cause him to consider whether he's committed with shaky equity. Another example of this is I don't think he played back at aggression in the whole video. Again, spots where villain is betting, we have a marginal hand and meh equity...fold! Simple stuff.

3. I almost got the horn when Dan folded the AJo in the SB to the Btn open...I thought I was the only nit who did this! Fantastic. Of course, I'm sure hero is 3b it some (even a lot?) of the time, but IMO the video shows that 3b it always isn't necessary.

4. Finally, simplicity. I notice this watching CR videos too...it's not about constant light 3b'ing or pulling moves or pushing flops looking for FE or fancy c/r or any of that crap. Mostly, as Townsend always says, it's about good solid poker. Betting for value, folding when you think you are behind/have poor equity, not limping too often, cbetting judiciously etc. The reason so many of us donks get in trouble in hands is because we too often lose sight of this simplicity.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:24 PM

Looking forward to this, 1st one was a solid insight for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Also, what Chomp has just said is really valuable too. Ty guys
Old 08-13-2007, 12:50 PM

Good vid.

About your A2s discussion. Raising is not that bad.

First, we usually have 47.5% equity against a lone bigger ace. With dead money in the pot its a certain coinflip. If we fold A8 or AT sometimes its already hugely EV+.

Second, if he pushes, and I doubt he pushes with with less than AK, we know our equity and have an easy fold. Of course I am not advocating a raise for information, but its a nice bonus.

Third, we if he flats we usually get to see a free card. This is going to be about the same price as calling the turn anyways.

Fourth, most importantly. Its much easier to stack someone when the flush comes if we raised the flop rather than flat called it.

Now critique [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I dont understand why you are folding KQ on T9x board to a ss c/r. I snap call, you have 40% equity against most of his range and get almost 2 to 1.

Calling fishies minraise from the SB with 89s.. Yuck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You are also probably dominated [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 PM

winning poker players actually consider folding AA in 3 bet pot?