Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Why no Omaha8 in Indiana?

Curious why Argosy/Belterra/GrandVic (lol) aren't interested at all in catering to Omaha Hi-Lo fans like myself. I have yet to see it running at Argosy (and I go freguently) or GrandVic and have seen it once at Belterra.

So, I'm wondering..why the taboo attitude towards O8 in this area?

I get that it doesn't have near the interest level that HE has, but, it does have at least MILD interest. In fact, the last two times I was at Argosy, there were interest lists that went 10-12 deep, but the staff didn't want to get the game started.

I guess I just don't understand why it seems that - other than the limited interest - staffers at these establishments seem annoyed or pissed when asked about O8.

Also, in being around other places - Tunica for sure, some Florida rooms and mildly in Vegas - it seems that other rooms nationally not only run o8, but actually encourage play.

As an extension of that, I guess I wonder why not offer variety in games to appeal to more groups of players? For instance, I was at Derby Lane in Tampa...that room had a slew of different games going, sit-n-go's, multi table tourneys and various other things to cater to those that like things other than hold em.

While Argosy is great to have so close to me, it just seems like it would be wise of the staff to at least be open to the idea of running it more often.

Just curious what you all think...Steam, you want to chime in here? I know you love O8 and at least have some knowledge of the Argosy (if not Belterra, GV) staffs.

Hope everyone is well...