Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Re: What\'s your WtSD and W$SD?

35kish hands, 26/18, wtsd% 32, w$sd 51. Looks like I'm running pretty poorly compared to a lot of you guys.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:13 PM

Even though so far I've got the highest composite, I'm not really running hot or cold, I don't think. Interesting.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:16 PM

This poll format doesn't work at all. WTSD and W$SD are (inversely) related. A W$SD of 52% means two very different things to players with a WTSD of 36% and 32%. With the poll set up the way it is, there is no way to look at the relation between the two stats.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:22 PM

8.3k at 3/6
33.81/58.17
VPIP/PFR: 20.69/15.87
Old 02-27-2006, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though so far I've got the highest composite, I'm not really running hot or cold, I don't think. Interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had really bad losing streaks with great numbers and really good winning streaks with poor numbers. Do you put much faith in the adage that WSD/WTSD reflect how well you're running? I've always thought that better WSD/WTSD usually signifiy superior table selection. But it's just a hunch.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:32 PM

Highest composite? What's that? Just add the two together?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had really bad losing streaks with great numbers and really good winning streaks with poor numbers. Do you put much faith in the adage that WSD/WTSD reflect how well you're running? I've always thought that better WSD/WTSD usually signifiy superior table selection. But it's just a hunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure as I have practiced VERY meticulous table selection over my last 50k hands and have been consistently running at 33/52 (Also coinciding with my biggest downswing to date, although I am starting to think I may just suck).
Old 02-27-2006, 03:39 PM

Composite is multiplying the two together. In the old HUSH there was a thread where people were discussing it and (I think) trying to gather enough data to see if there was a correlation between composite and winrates. If I remember correctly nothing conclusive was ever reached and the whole effort may have been futile in any case because of ever-present sample size issues.

I really can't wait to see what sorts of things Steven Levitt (author of Freakonomics) covers in his work on poker. Hopefully he'll have enough data to really get at the meat of stuff we can't really figure out on our own.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always thought that better WSD/WTSD usually signifiy superior table selection. But it's just a hunch.

[/ QUOTE ]
But that (selection) would also usually result in a higher winrate, right? How do you go about separating the two effects?

fwiw, I'm very picky about both seat and table selection. See the recent thread on my old SN which apparently never played against anyone.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:44 PM

Over my first 6k at 5/10... 32/46% [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (down 250 BB)