Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: OT: My initial forray into SNG\'s (Thanks STTF)

Playing scared has never been an issue for me btw. I was only taking random shots at the 16's except for the middle.

FWIW I use the 2+2 spreadsheet and am have a 22% ROI at the 6.50's from about 600 games. What I do I play a few I lose I move back down, I don't need 50 BI to do this for the 16's do I?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing scared has never been an issue for me btw. I was only taking random shots at the 16's except for the middle.

FWIW I use the 2+2 spreadsheet and am have a 22% ROI at the 6.50's from about 600 games. What I do I play a few I lose I move back down, I don't need 50 BI to do this for the 16's do I?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been wondering about this too. I switched to mostly cash for a while and when I got back to this forum the bankroll requirements were a load higher than they used to be. I always seemed to be amongst the most conservative for not moving up until I had 30BI, now I feel positively reckless.

As far as I can tell, the higher recs now are for pro/semi-pro multitablers - accounting for a lower ROI when multitabling and meaning that you don't need to go down when you lose a few (it's quicker to rebuild if you stay at the higher level, assuming you were ready to move up in the first place).

If it's not (yet) an important source of income and moving down is a pain but not a problem, I think you could argue that moving up sooner is good for exactly the same reasons as pros not wanting to move down to rebuild - if your game is up to the new level, you can build a bankroll quicker.

But I missed a shedload of forum discussion in between, so this may be waaaaay off.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have gone from a losing SNG player to a winning one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure about this?!
From your graph your running a 7% on 6.5?!?! Honestly, your a marginal winner at this level. Look at FAQ for ROI. You should be around 10-15% at least.

[ QUOTE ]
Towards the end I played 4 16's again and did alright, I think I am planning on mixing a set of 16's in my play everynow

[/ QUOTE ]

Please learn BR management. Play with at least 50 buyins especially with turbos and even more. Read FAQ here again [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway congrats on becoming profitable on SnGs, now you have to gain confidence, fix those leaks and move up when you have enought buyin to play without playing scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

To criticism part A), if you read his OP you'd see his ROI could easily be in the 10-15% range you consider to be good. However if it were only 7%, that's not bad either considering the average is -10%, and he started off doing more poorly than that.

To criticism #2, how is he underrolled? What is his bankroll? What is his 'true' ROI at the 6.50s? (hard to say) Assuming he has a 10% plus ROI at the 6.50s and a bit more than the 50 buyins or 350 dollars etc. why not give it a shot? Hell I don't know. I guess my main point being playing a few 16s isn't a disaster, as long as he has 50 buyins for the 650s or whatever the standard is , which if I had to guess he has it.

Cliff Notes: to me his ROI is ok/good, and his bankroll management skills probably should not be compared to neverheeb. I suck at poker/arguments/advice.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:25 AM

thx, my actual roll is about $700, I recently cashed out alot to purchase new computer (winnings from LO8b), decided the limit poker sucks balls and wanted to get really good at HE. Since I obv. suck at NL cash (except live cos everyone sucks so hard in AUS) I tried to beat the most beatable form of pokah out there SNG's.

Considerations for the [censored] ROI, started -$150 in the hole, failed shot at moving up to 16's/ tilted a bit off in that sesssion.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:32 AM

Also I just used that startracker website which listed about 150 games less than sharkscope and said at the 6.50's I am running at 19% over 520 SNG's for a total profit on them of $644
Old 08-13-2007, 02:39 AM

congratulations on your victories on the battlefield. i hope that your children drink the blood of your enemies from times long past.

the fountains at midnight will glow for you my son. travel onwards.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who is this ridiculously hot girl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicky Whelan

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Early in 2007, Nicky appeared on The Show Biz Show with David Spade on Comedy Central in the U.S.A. Since then, Nicky and Spade have become very good friends. Nicky invited Spade to the set of Neighbours on July 14 2007 (according to news.com.au, this was her last day of filming with the show) with the hopes he would make a cameo in an episode of the soap, but he was unable to secure a work visa in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]! I just need to become famous and then I can score with chics like this.