Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: interesting 50/100 hand.....

I absolutely see why you continued. Two cold is a no brainer here without further raising. It's just... God I hate to get whipsawed like that. To the point where I probably don't continue enough when I should. Or... I'm the one betting and raising. That makes me feel a little better about putting all those bets in.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 AM

thanx lestat..obviously IF i knew it was going to be 2 MORE back to me, the play is probably different but i NEVER anticipated it getting CAPPED back to me, black asthma is the one who thinks i am a complete idiot for even getting involved but it really was the right play to call 2 more and then 2 more, i think he may be a bit too simplistic in his view (maybe even just seeing i called 4, which i didn't) but i really just dont know which is the right play CR the TURN or lead the TURN, i think the best play is to lead now that i think about it being that i am HOPING and PRAYING that mikey raises it because i really just dont think Psnoopy is dumb enough to call 2 cold on the TURN, but maybe millie surprises us here although i think she threw away AQ here......she would have NEVER folded a set there.....
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 PM

The thing about leading the turn is that it has the potential for lots of bets while being guaranteed not to miss any. I don't think a c/r will ever get 3 bets even from a set. Some respect has to be given for AK (if not you, then someone else).

Again, I understand the flop play, I just would've been more worried about further raising. I think millie leading and mikey raising implies some big hands here. I always try to anticipate action behind me. Sometimes it's to my detrimnet. From the BB, I probably fold more iffy top pairs for 1 bet (after the sb leads) than anyone. In today's hyper-aggressive games, I'm often wrong to do so. I'm just old school, I guess.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
black asthma is the one who thinks i am a complete idiot for even getting involved but it really was the right play to call 2 more and then 2 more.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not an idiot, and I do like your follow-up play. I could view this hand differently if your 2nd flop bet closes the round of action. But given the preflop power sequence, I would anticipate a raising war over a flop on which you largely whiffed. Once you're stuck for 2, I understand the logic in continuing. Personally, I consider 2 bets as the prelude to a cap in this situation. I didn't mean to belittle you over this, so please don't take it the wrong way. If you had seen me make the same play, I can only imagine that your criticism would echo mine. This hand was an excellent post...

-btw, "blackasthma" is one word, not two...
Old 08-12-2007, 03:20 PM

thanx blackasthma, it is really hard to decipher one's tone over the internet......and would NOT have thought u were a total idiot if u called 2 bets for the gut given the amount of money in the pot, if it had NOT been capped preflop, i very well may have folded this one on FLOP
Old 08-12-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanx blackasthma, it is really hard to decipher one's tone over the internet......and would NOT have thought u were a total idiot if u called 2 bets for the gut given the amount of money in the pot, if it had NOT been capped preflop, i very well may have folded this one on FLOP

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that is was capped preflop is all the more reason to fold the flop.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Is that the case Joker? I've played lots of hours of live 100/200 with Millie / Pokersnoopy, and I think she could have KQ and QJs here. Maybe online she plays tighter?

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-13-2007, 12:45 AM

"Maybe online she plays tighter?"

indeed. i have her at 35/22 over thousands of hands.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Maybe online she plays tighter?"

indeed. i have her at 35/22 over thousands of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm confused. You're using 35/22 as an argument that she folds KQ and QJs here? Seems like those stats would lead me to believe she's 3 betting those (or maybe coldcalling in certain spots).

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanx lestat..obviously IF i knew it was going to be 2 MORE back to me, the play is probably different but i NEVER anticipated it getting CAPPED back to me,

[/ QUOTE ]

why the hell not???? it was capped preflop and that flop has action written all over it.