Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: PGA Tour Card Question?

[ QUOTE ]
JTrout,
What year did you get through all stages of Q School. Just read John Feinsteins' book called Q School the 5th Major (or something like that). Great book for people who like reading that sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made it through the '97 q. school...on the number! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure there wasn't a fourth stage last year. What year did you make it? Has the final stage always been six rounds?

[/ QUOTE ]
Gotta love the internet, you have no idea about final stage yet you're telling someone(JTrout) who's been through the grinder that there wasn't a 4th stage last year? Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that? Wild guess?

FWIW, last year the PGA Tour implemented a pre-qualifying stage to further weed out the bad apples. If memory serves, they planned on implementing this in 2005 and it was on the application, but for some reason it didn't happen. So yes, there are now four stages although depending on a players status he can be exempt into 1st, 2nd or 3rd stage.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I don't know what to say. WTF? I'm just saying I've never heard of there being a fourth stage. I'm not saying JTrout is wrong or anything like that. I'm a golf professional fwiw too BO. I hadn't heard of the new pre-qualifying.

Ok, I figured out what I wanted to say. [censored]!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, I don't know what to say. WTF? I'm just saying I've never heard of there being a fourth stage. I'm not saying JTrout is wrong or anything like that. I'm a golf professional fwiw too BO. I hadn't heard of the new pre-qualifying.

Ok, I figured out what I wanted to say. [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey now! You're supposed to save those words for use on the golf course where they belong!

But yes, you did say JTrout was wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure there wasn't a fourth stage last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless it's not a big deal either way.

I can certainly see a lot of people still thinking there's only three stages because they call it pre-qualifying and then stages 1,2 & 3.

Another interesting topic of discussion would be the fact there's probably more pressure at stage 2 than stage 3. I'm sure a few here understand why.

And yes, the Q-school book was good and although it's a great topic, I don't think it was written as well as his other golf books, all of which are excellent.

BO