Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: From crushing to crumbling, help with my downswing plz!

you are very aggressive each round after the flop. Can I ask, do you play contrary to the suggestion 'keep pots small for small hands' a lot?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if u put all ur NL 200 hands together i bet it looks normal like 2.5-3 ptbb/100, also try running the last 60k in hands in the skanksy bucks calculator or whatever it may make you feel better

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can i find such a nice tools? And will it do what i think it will? Compare expected gain to the real gain?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:45 PM

thats a normal flop agg for a tag,
Old 08-13-2007, 03:45 AM

welp thanks for the help guys im gonna try and quit poker. 2 years as a low stakes grinder pro, and I've never been more miserable in my life. I can't believe what an insane amount of time and energy I put into this damned game to end up getting just about nowhere. Either I suck or I'm terribly unlucky, either way time to get on meds and hump a menial job for peanuts. Peace.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:54 AM

YSSCKY!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are very aggressive each round after the flop. Can I ask, do you play contrary to the suggestion 'keep pots small for small hands' a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to lead into the right direction.

The graph tells you that you are laying down too much. I had long break-even stretch at PL50 when I discovered that I became a tad too aggro early and had to fold more hands after putting in too much money As always it could also mean that you are a folder but I think it is more likely that you try too hard winning every pot.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
welp thanks for the help guys im gonna try and quit poker. 2 years as a low stakes grinder pro, and I've never been more miserable in my life. I can't believe what an insane amount of time and energy I put into this damned game to end up getting just about nowhere. Either I suck or I'm terribly unlucky, either way time to get on meds and hump a menial job for peanuts. Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how you feel. I had a break even stretch at PL100 for 20 K hands (one of the ugly ones with the first 10 K @ + 8 BB/100 and the 2nd with - 8 BB/100). 20 K is nothing, however. 50 K is also not much. It may well happen for a +4 BB/100 player. Once you are in that zone, you are not winning 70:30 show downs. If you keep the pot small, you were missing value bets. If you value bet, they have the goods against you. They can't always have the flush against you, right? So you look them up expensively and of course they have the flush, again! If you have the nut flush - they river the FH! etc, etc.....

Try expanding playing on the button or the CO position. Just raise the sh!t up, man and pound them with c-bets 70% of the time. Two limpers?, bah! Raise'em up at the button! CO raises and wants to take the button from you? The 2nd time he does it, you raise him up! Button likes to steal the blinds? The 3rd time he does it, you reraise from the blinds!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:16 AM

p.s.:

I am 24/18 from the button at PL 100. It works wonders.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:36 AM

Ok my last post was very emo, for that I apologize, I really was despairing as I have done nothing but lose lately for many weeks. I am gonna take a nice break and maybe I can sort things out. Hesse I appreciate your input, I can't say I feel sad for your 20k hand break even streak that really is very insignificant in the long run. The problem is running bad usually leads to playing bad, anyone who loses over many sessions will start to question how they are playing which could be regressive.

I could probably stand to loosen up in LP, but this involves being able to play very well postflop in big pots, which is not my specialty. The guys at the games I play are usually either donks who will gamble with you, which can be dangerous, or spiteful regulars who quickly tire of such LP antics and will start floating, CRing certain flops. I think I am definitely playing loose enough to win, it's more my turn and river decisions that are lacking probably. I agree I am probably too much a folder, esp when stuck.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:52 AM

It's true that if I run bad I also start playing bad. Only 2.5 buy-ins of my -10 buy-in streak can be attributed to bad all-in luck. Yeah and i know that - 10 buy-ins is nothing and could happen to the best. Anyways, it was enough for me to analyze my game and I found a) horrible lines I played (often trying mindless bluffs) and b) one or two fundamental weak spots of my game. Since then it's only up. I am still a bad river player though.