Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: $5NL flop bottom set then feel like a total wimp

Maybe I'm weird, but I actually like your minbet. I would like it more if there were several limpers since nobody that calls the blind will fold to a very small bet, so you don't get any FE with that bet but you are building a juicier pot - which is what you want if you hit your set. I don't like taking the blinds with pockets, fullstacks are 125BB deep and they rarely fold TPGK which
makes unraised pots often a play for stacks when you hit.

[ QUOTE ]
I would even go a bit further and say "raise, especially(!) on a draw heavy board". This is because people will call you with their draws even if it's very unprofitable. So you make their mistake a big one and get value for a nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I'd raise the flop to at least 1.20 - you have 3 people behind you to act so you definately don't want to give them cheap draws by just calling. Judging by villains overbet its possible that villain only has TP, I doubt he'd bet that much which a straight or a weak draw which is why you'd like to get heads up. Of course this is also read dependent.

On the turn I think a call is fine, because it will look like you're afraid of the flush - and because villain is drawing dead. This should also give villain an opportunity to bluff river.

The river is a clear push. Sure, there are a few hands that beat you but the only semi-likely hands would be a flopped two pair or possibly JJ (although he'd likely have raised pf) but he will call with so many weaker hands that'd I'd happily pay him off if I'm beat and to be honest I think its very hard to read hands at NL5.

Of course my logic can be very wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I'd be very interested in hearing other peoples comments about bloating the pot pre-flop.