Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Going to play .5/.10 NL

Over 30k hands anything around 5BB/100 is a good winrate. I'd imagine a very good player could do 8+ though.

If you are playing tight then set yourself certain hands theat you will be raising and stick to them.

Also i would recommend playing 2+ tables and more if you are comfortable. Mainly because you will be playing about 1/6th of your hands and are likely to become bored and end up playing worse hands.

A good range of hands for playing would be 88-AA A10-AK KQ

Try to enter pots with a raise so you are the aggressor and have to ways to win. Either the best hand or getting them to fold.

I would raise 4x the big blind when entering a pot and continuation bet about 80% of flop with a pot sized bet. Leave out the hands where its multi-way and you completely missed.

Finally make your opponent pay for his draws. At this level people won't pass a flush or straight draw very easily. Stay aggressive and take them to value town.

Gl
Old 08-11-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Going to play .5/.10 NL

Thank you Jamsym, thats all I was looking for originally and thought I got good advice, nobody gave me exactly the answer I was looking for.