Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: $5NL 6-Max, AA line against villain with not much of a read

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would bet turn here as my experience here tells me I will get calls from many hands I beat. I play flop same way except I bet .45 or .50. Do you normally key in bets that aren't multiple of fives? I've noticed a few opponents doing that who seem pretty solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I vary my bet amounts as much as possible, both preflop and postflop. Some people may think it's unnecessary but it suits me fine.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 AM

Bet more on the flop 80-100% of pot. You then have to bet the turn. I might make a 100% PSB on the turn because it looks like villian is drawing. You can then fold your hand if you are raised. Block the river for 60% PSB.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet more on the flop 80-100% of pot. You then have to bet the turn. I might make a 100% PSB on the turn because it looks like villian is drawing. You can then fold your hand if you are raised. Block the river for 60% PSB. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this after I checked the turn?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:14 AM

I don't understand how the 4d changes anything. you really should bet, you only have to be afraid of a flush draw, which you let draw for free.
against some oppenents, when you bet-bet then check the turn, they see extreme weakness and will bet pretty much any pair. and your .30 river bet only would convince him further of your weakness. maybe he hit his flush, maybe he had a [censored] king, and thinks its good becuase of your weakness. you have to keep in mind how your representing your hand.

if you underepresent your hand like that, you have to call down.. you're prettymuch inducing a bluff with your action.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:23 AM

No, bet the turn.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:00 AM

You need to bet the turn in this spot. There is no reason to think your hand is not good at that point. Any King is still gonna call a turn bet. If they raise your turn bet, then you can decide how much you like your hand vs that particular villan/tendacies. Dont automatically start seeing monsters once you get a flop caller with your over pair hands.

Betting the turn gets value from worse hands, keeps the pressure applied, and charges the flush draws.

By checking the turn, you basically said I am weak. Your bet on the river solidified that read since you bet .30 into $1.59. Your better off check calling than trying to block with .30.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:48 AM

bet the turn and bet pretty heavily...$1.25 to $1.35...you don't want to give him a cheap price to draw for that 3rd spade, which seems to be his likely holding. It is also possible that he is raising you with a K here because you line looks like a bluff. Someone might interpret your line as:

"continuation bet the flop, check the turn cuz you gave up, but then try to bluff the river cuz you think that it's the only way you can win the pot."

Most of the time you are ahead so get it in as fast as possible with AA. Especially at the micro stakes level. Bet, bet, bet! GL!