Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: PP raise or fold?

IMO for some reason people always put raisers on AK. That's why when I raise with a pp and an A or K flops people will more than not fold to a c-bet. Especially when you are raising out of the BB where you can just check and see a free flop.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:30 PM

You guys talk like we don't have the best hand or something.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys talk like we don't have the best hand or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - ok I'll agree that we probably have the best hand now; just not so sure we will after the flop.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Xhad - you guilted me into stoving this. I assigned each of our opponents a range of 30% of hands. That range gives us right at 30% equity PF so we do have a small equity edge. I would still prefer to call and see what the flop brings but I do raise here occasionally and I think that's ok too.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:07 PM

ok, fine, but explain in detail how you're going to play the flop differently if you don't raise. If you're not raising because you can somehow make the EV back postflop then that's one thing, but if you're not raising because "my hand might not be best after the flop" then you're just forgoing EV for no reason.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Xhad - you guilted me into stoving this. I assigned each of our opponents a range of 30% of hands. That range gives us right at 30% equity PF so we do have a small equity edge. I would still prefer to call and see what the flop brings but I do raise here occasionally and I think that's ok too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a better simulation would be to take the top 30% minus the top 5% since you're facing a bunch of limpers.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, fine, but explain in detail how you're going to play the flop differently if you don't raise. If you're not raising because you can somehow make the EV back postflop then that's one thing, but if you're not raising because "my hand might not be best after the flop" then you're just forgoing EV for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK let me see. I think this is similar to "waiting to raise on the turn" type hands. We have a small equity edge PF (approx 30% equity with our fair share being 25%) but our equity will either go way up or way down on the flop. If the flop comes rags (say 247r) or even with a single overcard (Q72) then our equity will go way up. If the flop comes with 2 or more overcards or if there is a ton of action on the flop then our equity is much less.

I would rather just call until I see which way the flop comes.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a better simulation would be to take the top 30% minus the top 5% since you're facing a bunch of limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely better - if I knew how to do that - can you help a stove Noob out???
Old 08-10-2007, 06:24 PM

You didn't really answer my question. At least I'm playing those flops the same way whether I raise or check.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:35 PM

The flops where I think your equity goes up I'm leading and planning on seeing showdown most of the time.

Flops with 2 or more overcards I'm checking and calling 1 but not 2 bets back - basically trying to play WA/WB as much as I can with multiple opponents (works against passives but usually not against aggro opponents).

When I raise I'm betting pretty much any flop.