Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: NL10, AK vs shortie min raise preflop

[ QUOTE ]

Did something change at FT that has attracted these guys? It is soooo annoying to be in the blinds have one push all in from the button...do they realize in the long run how bad of a play that is at a cash game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is filled with them. Based on my very limited PT data most of the barely break even, I always thought that the play would work much better on a site with rake back as they would get dealt rake which is more than they pay since they are uber tight and they might do well against players that don't understand short stacks, i.e limp-call. Although the Party-shorstacks are always 20bb's deep, if they take down even a small pot they will leave.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: NL10, AK vs shortie min raise preflop

My opinion was, that when a small stack open pushes or limp reraises AI, you re most of the time facing QQ+, sometimes perhaps AQs, but in the last time, there are more and more guys playing shortstacked which are able to virtually push with any Ax suited, any A7 or higher and any PP...
Pretty irritating when hands are turned around. So from that point of view, calling with AK is only in rare occasions -EV, I think...