Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: A dbitel video

tyvm VLV. Thats indeed where i got it from.

Fiksdal, before I cahsed out my roll, I was at 600nl. I'm now at 200nl and killing.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:33 AM

Hey Dan Bitel, I like the video so far, very nice work, thanks a lot.

I'm about to go to sleep so I haven't watched the whole thing yet. I play 25NL and I'm looking at opening up my game a bit, most of the stuff that you raise PF that I don't I see the value in but just a question about two instances.

I saw you raise A4o from cutoff? Is that a standard play?

Also you said you were going to raise J6s from the button before someone bet before you. Was that more for a steal or are you actually planning to play this as a legitimate hand?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, can you please rehost it somewhere else? For some strange reason my firewall does not allow me to download from megaupload. I am so looking forward seeing this [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am never able to d/l anything from megaupload here at work. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 10:27 AM

VLV,

my att to steal is pretty damn high, and I find I make really good money doing this. I feel that I can outplay my opponents postflop, esp when i have position. So if I have a tight button, I'll steal a lot from CO, and Axo is def in that range (doesnt mean it should be for you thogh. It depends what you think your edge is postflop). I also find that b/c I steal so much, I get a decent amount of action on my better hands.

As for J6s as a hand...its a semi bluff (with good emphasis on the bluff!). I take it down preflop a lot, and if I don't, I can still make a lot of hands with it.

If youwant to try practice stealing more, then for 1 session (either at ure normal limits, or drop down 1) open EVERY hand when its folded to you on the button...see what happens
Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 AM

just watched it. nice vid
Old 08-09-2007, 10:55 AM

*dbitel counts on fingers*
"...2, 3, 4, 5, 6... Have a straight so I'll make a bet here"

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Halfway in so far, couple of interesting hands.
99 against the fish on your right on table 3, you just call his raise in position. You say you dont want to commit too many chips, but shouldnt you look to get value when you can? In my book 99 is a great hand against any type of player.

Table 1, AK against the tag on your right - I think you were pretty lucky to see QQ there, as that is probably the worst hand he will shove. What do you think about just shoving over his 3bet. A big overbet, I know, but you are never folding if you 4bet anyways, and when he shoves you will be calling knowing you have to play catchup. If you 4bet shove he might fold JJ/QQ. Dont think many players at 25nl are sophisticated enough to think "4bet shove... must be AK".

Liked your reasoning on the KK hand on table 3 vs the fish, AQxcc flop. Good value bet.

Also dont breathe when you make videos, it is annoying.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 10:57 AM

Cant get it to work.

Ive downloadet that codec. When i start it in VLC There is no suond and it is sort of... flippy... you know?

Its like the top right corner is there for a second rest is black, then the next second all is black, then the next second i see the bottom left corner for a sec etc.

Halp mah plz?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:06 AM

Also I bet YouBetterPray had a small/medium pocket pair when he donked into you and the shortstack on the J23cc flop. I see this all the time from that type of player.

Of course that is wonderful in HU pots, as you can raise them with ATC and take it down.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cant get it to work.

Ive downloadet that codec. When i start it in VLC There is no suond and it is sort of... flippy... you know?

Its like the top right corner is there for a second rest is black, then the next second all is black, then the next second i see the bottom left corner for a sec etc.

Halp mah plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't work in VLC for me, Windows media player ftw
Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 PM

TheRenaissance,

thanks for all the feedback man.

With the 99 hand, if we 3bet him preflop, I feel that its going to be real hard to get value postflop. So, sure we win an extra $2 or w/e preflop, but I feel that playing a flop vs this kind of player in position is going to be MORE profitable than the pfrr. I mean, there will just about always be an overcard to the 9 on board and he's not going to look us up as light in arr pot as he is going to bet light in a raised pot. I think both options are fine, I personally just find that playing a smaller pot in position vs this type of player allows me to use my skill to outplay him more than just rr preflop does.

On the AK hand, I really think its close...but its close between a 4bet and a fold...those are our only 2 options. I think shove 4betting is fine in a vacuum, but for shania, I just like keeping all my 4bets about the pot size.

It's tough not to breathe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And thanks for your imput saying that he prob has a mid PP. I don't see that too much at 100nl+ really. And in his shoes, I think its a terrible bet. Like you say, for us, we can't really raise it with shorty to act behind us and no reads on the donker...but in future I'll bare in mid that peoiple do it with mid-PP and see if I can play accordingly on the next vid.

Thanks

Dan