Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: HU advice

lol, ty, but no actual advice? lol
Old 08-08-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, ty, but no actual advice? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer my questions... I'm trying to help.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:55 PM

a 20 BB game is pretty short, and shorter than I'm used to playing.

Play tight, don't call out of position without a solid hand. Don't play drawing hands, you don't have the odds to make them pay. Raise to 4-6x the BB and go allin on flop if you hit, sometimes as a bluff if you miss.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:10 PM

Hey ry, what else do u mean by structure, NLH 25/50 $1000 in chips to start, no ante, what else?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 PM

I agree with the first two sentences.

The third depends on how villain plays, there are better ways to exploit most villains and increase your edge.

OP needs to provide some objective information on how villain plays, like is he calling a ton OOP? What about different raise sizes, how does he respond to calling that preflop OOP?

There's a ton of questions I'd like to ask before giving you my opinion on how I would approach a 20bb game against this guy.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:18 PM

This guy pays no attention to anything that real poker players do, position, pot odds, nothing, he thinks its all "making people all play like eachother". Pre-flop it would take an absolutely monsterous raise to not get him to see the flop and if he has 2 faces, any 2 faces whether suited or not he'll call it. If I lead with a big raise post flop, he's just as likely to call with top pair as 2 overs or bottom pair or a gutshot. That is part of the problem is his betting rarely relates to his actual strength of hand, it is impossible to read him that way and he doesn't give away any typical tells. He can be bluffed off a hand by firing the 3rd bullet but too often that 3rd bullet comes when he has some kind of hand. He's more prone to calling rather than raising or reraising, never check raises. Feel free to list any other questions.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:34 PM

In a 20bb match you should rarely be able to even get to a spot where you can fire a 3rd one.

Lets go with an example.

You each have 1k chips, you are in the small blind with KcTs.

What is your action and what are the liklihoods of his responding actions?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 AM

Decent hand toraise, more like 4 times the bb there. Most likely actions for him a. (80%) call with any decent hand, range maybe top 50%, maybe bottom 50%, never a gaurantee but I can gaurantee unless he has top 5% (AA, KK, QQ, JJ) no reraise b. (20%)fold only if a completely garbage hand so no connectivity or suited.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:25 AM

not an assault, but if he really is that loose, aggressive and longshot drawish you should be able to destroy him in a 20bb game.

Serious HAGs can be a pain in many many forms of poker, especially good ones. However, since hes not a good one AND the game is shallow stack NLHE anybody with basic understanding of the game should be able to kill this guy.

In this game you play the cards, not the player. No matter the trashtalk or reads, if you pick your spots hes toast. Dont be pushed around (i.e dont wait for the nuts) and make a stand when you think you have the best of it.

The only big no-no in these games is playing with scared money. In 20bbs games you must be willing to get it in with TPNK sometimes. Sometimes worse.

theres a good song in the radio right now so wait Im going for a smoke and possibly lose my thought process

yeh Im back, so my point being; these matches wont ever last long, its not even that much of poker as your friend thinks. If hes a "intuition LAG" he will lose all his money to a "percentage professor" whos only played poker for 3 weeks.

i dont know if i make any sense. Im obv. drunk but yeah.

cheers
Old 08-09-2007, 06:00 PM

So I should be raising with what, top 25% of hands, calling next 25% and folding bottom 50% OOP?