Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Warrentless wiretapping FOREVERRRRRRRRR

They're supposedly making the super-secret Illuminati symbol. In public. With cameras watching.

It's more of Nielsio's unthinking spew. As for something that's legally binding for perpetuity and cannot be revoked...right.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, this [censored] is scary. I'm voting against anyone in Congress who voted in favor of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're allowed to think for yourself and make your vote worth something.

Or you can yell witch when everybody else does.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thanks, that was brutal on my part.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're supposedly making the super-secret Illuminati symbol. In public. With cameras watching.

It's more of Nielsio's unthinking spew. As for something that's legally binding for perpetuity and cannot be revoked...right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, I better go arm myself, I am less than 5 miles from the UT Campus right now!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a little something to Nielsio's conspiracy theory. Congress definitely likes "sunset clauses" so it can defer the blame when it renews those same laws on previous bodies. If the Republican party somehow regains political capital before 2012, you can bet this innocuous wiretapping will be renewed.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot of evidence that the wiretaps have averted terrorist attacks... which is to say, saved lives... while only sacrafising a small amount of liberty.

It is all but confirmed that the wiretaps caught the guy who wanted to take down the Brooklyn Bridge (they couldnt use the taps in court becuase they didn't want to compromise the program; something the New York Times did later for political reasons). It is also highly suspected that this program caught potential attackers of Los Angeles and the Sears Tower in Chicago, among many others.

I would rather have adverted those terrorist attacks than loose a tiny amount of liberty (the only people who loose liberty are people who make an international call to a suspected number in Afghanistan or Iraq AND use a keywork such as "bomb" or "attack". I guarentee you less than .01% of the American public has "lost liberty" over this wiretapping, and most unwittingly unless they were planning on attacking the United States.

To me, all opposition to this program is political. I think opponents of the wire tapping are playing the "facist state" and "1984" card, when in fact this program makes a lot of sense, and anybody who opposes it appears to be putting politics ahead of national securty. Thank goodness our current president has and continues to put national security ahead of politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol the guy was a mental patient who was gonna chop down the brooklyn bridge with magic chainsaws. you wanna give up liberty for that?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot of evidence that the wiretaps have averted terrorist attacks... which is to say, saved lives... while only sacrafising a small amount of liberty.

It is all but confirmed that the wiretaps caught the guy who wanted to take down the Brooklyn Bridge (they couldnt use the taps in court becuase they didn't want to compromise the program; something the New York Times did later for political reasons). It is also highly suspected that this program caught potential attackers of Los Angeles and the Sears Tower in Chicago, among many others.

I would rather have adverted those terrorist attacks than loose a tiny amount of liberty (the only people who loose liberty are people who make an international call to a suspected number in Afghanistan or Iraq AND use a keywork such as "bomb" or "attack". I guarentee you less than .01% of the American public has "lost liberty" over this wiretapping, and most unwittingly unless they were planning on attacking the United States.

To me, all opposition to this program is political. I think opponents of the wire tapping are playing the "facist state" and "1984" card, when in fact this program makes a lot of sense, and anybody who opposes it appears to be putting politics ahead of national securty. Thank goodness our current president has and continues to put national security ahead of politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol the guy was a mental patient who was gonna chop down the brooklyn bridge with magic chainsaws. you wanna give up liberty for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently someone sold you the Brooklyn Bridge. He was an FBI double agent with confirmed instructions from Khalil Sheikh Mohammed to photograph the BB and record the security procedures in use. He aided the illegal entry into the country of a later to be convicted al-Qaeda terrorist.

Take your magic chainsaw nonsense and stick it where no one will want to encroach on your liberties.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently someone sold you the Brooklyn Bridge. He was an FBI double agent with confirmed instructions from Khalil Sheikh Mohammed to photograph the BB and record the security procedures in use. He aided the illegal entry into the country of a later to be convicted al-Qaeda terrorist.

Take your magic chainsaw nonsense and stick it where no one will want to encroach on your liberties.

[/ QUOTE ]

link? I've posted links to magic chaionsaw stuff in other threads.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:15 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

vid links don't work too bad they were really good maybe I'll look them up and post the new links.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q3RPuOo5qg
Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 AM

bbc was this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Nightmares

im sure its online places