Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: do you play with chat turned on?

Hahaha! There was this insanely funny conversation with one guy: First, one guy (sth. like 50/30) minraised pf. I reraised him with KQo. Everybody folds. Guy2 asks: "Waht did you have?" - "Dont remember." - "I had AK." - "Good fold then. Had AA." And he was happy.
Next time: 14/3 guy raises from UTG, I reraise w teh TT. Random guy calls. 14/3 guy 4bets. I fold. Random guy calls obv.
Chatbox (same guy as above): "WTF? Raise-fold? What are you doing, dude?" (14/3 had AA obv) Me: "Dont know. I think I raise too much [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] "

This whole chat was best fun. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 12:14 AM

i wonder if im missing out on chat as a tilting tool...
Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nice try what, retard? its not like i had nothing, and you made some sort of Ahigh/44 bluff snap-off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why cant you focus on thinking about how you are a winning poker player and he is a losing poker player; thats all that maters

[/ QUOTE ]

because its easier to turn chat off than to achieve some sort of zen mastery of emotion and mental focus?

i wouldn't turn it off if i thought it yielded some sort of significant advantage, but i think that the positives are barely even tangible.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are tangible. You can get a lot of information about a person if he says something:/ Sometimes people reveal what they had or just general information about how they play
Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 AM

i play on stars, so most of the time my notes are open instead of the chat.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:18 AM

would anyone be interested in doing an expiriment on this?

it would be interesting to have some regs that normally play with chat on, play with it off, and visa versa, say, for 10k hands, and compare results to their average.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone tilts. its just that some people are more in denial about it than others. chat can be a pretty big contributor to that, especially when people start thinking "man, i'd sure love to bust that guy" kind of thoughts.

its funny when i go through my hhs after a session, and see chat that i missed out on while playing.

example:

i raise with AK and get called by a shortstack in the blinds. i hit top pair, shortstacks checks to me with just over a pot sized bet behind. i move in and shortstack calls with a rag two pair.

shortstack: nice try

nice try what, retard? its not like i had nothing, and you made some sort of Ahigh/44 bluff snap-off.

i dunno. i guess its more of a big deal the more you hate people.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Thats my standard repertoire to make wannabe-experts tilt (like "dont chase on a paired board" or sth.).
"Nice try" is such a great word to accomplish that! You will hear tons of tons of berating... and thinking that you are a complete moran.
(Don^t be angry at me. It is just so much fun.)
Old 08-08-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone tilts. its just that some people are more in denial about it than others. chat can be a pretty big contributor to that, especially when people start thinking "man, i'd sure love to bust that guy" kind of thoughts.

its funny when i go through my hhs after a session, and see chat that i missed out on while playing.

example:

i raise with AK and get called by a shortstack in the blinds. i hit top pair, shortstacks checks to me with just over a pot sized bet behind. i move in and shortstack calls with a rag two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats my standard repertoire to make wannabe-experts tilt (like "dont chase on a paired board" or sth.).
"Nice try" is such a great word to accomplish that! You will hear tons of tons of berating... and thinking that you are a complete moran.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome thanks

will do that every hand now
Old 08-08-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

example:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome thanks

will do that every hand now

[/ QUOTE ]

You rlly should. It adds at least 0.5BB to your winrate. Good luck and have fun!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:43 AM

What really pisses me off is when after a bad beat people go "Thanks so much" or "You're so kind" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it [censored] me so much. At least it used to, I'm mostly in control of it now.

BTW I play with chat turned on.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What really pisses me off is when after a bad beat people go "Thanks so much" or "You're so kind" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it [censored] me so much. At least it used to, I'm mostly in control of it now.

BTW I play with chat turned on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try! Thank you so very much! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]