Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: What does this graph mean? :o

Thanks for all the comments so far. Heres some more info.

How much tables are you playing Stabbyah?: i play from 3 to 6 tables mostly 4+

How long are your sessions?: 1h-3h max sometimes 4-5

Do you play when you're tired?: no

Do you use Pahud?: I use poker office. But atm it doesn't work for FTP and I'm using PT. (Have been using FTP's auto hh saver)

What are your stats?:

What do YOU think your leaks are?: Maybe being too passive but my view of poker has changed dramaticly since i started playing FTP.
Before FTP I played on alot of sites made around 1.5k from microstakes and started my roll on FTP with 100$. So far FTP is the toughest one to play on.

Heres 25NL only graph:

The losses are from taking shots at 50NL a few big hands getting 1-2 outered.. i can post them if anyone wants to see.

Thanks for all the comments so far. Heres some more info.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:38 AM

Raise more preflop. Like 3x as much.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:42 AM

The stat that stands out to me the most is your PFR. I think if your gonna be playing 20% hands, you need to raise alot more than 5.25% especially if you are gonna be able to play NL50. So I am guessing that you are cold calling too much, or limping pp's instead of raising them 1st in.

Other things that might have your percent down could be your 3betting frequency.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:45 AM

lemme give you a hint op. i have the same VPIP as you approximately, but my PFR is 18% and yours is 5%.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 AM

You need to raise a lot more PF. One thing people haven't been mentioning is your attempt to steal is very low. I'm guessing you aren't very positionally aware. If it gets folded to you on the CO or BTN, you should be raising a whole lot more hands than you would UTG. A lot of the time you'll take it down preflop, or will play heads up in position.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 AM

Yeah, you should be raising almost every hand you play. This is such a fundamental problem in your game that there's almost no value in trying to fix other problems until you fix this one. It's going to take a fundamental change in your philosophy about poker from being focused on the absolute value of your hand to the relative value of your hand and the situation.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is definately true, but it's easy for the vets to say that 'raise more pf', but when you're still a quite new player, raising 10%+ hands gets you into quite a lot of difficult situations that you're unable to handle yet. I'm myself trying to get my PFR over 10% without feeling lost on most flops.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:52 AM

You do well at showdowns, but lose a lot when you didn't go to showdown (or you wouldn't be playing breakeven), so you probably give up too soon with good hands or call to many bets/raises to give up on later streets where you should have folded earlyer.

EDIT: My PokerEV graphs are the other way around... showdowns show a little loss, but without showdown makes up for this and makes my winnings. I your preflop passiveness it part of the explanation. My stats are 25/17.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is definately true, but it's easy for the vets to say that 'raise more pf', but when you're still a quite new player, raising 10%+ hands gets you into quite a lot of difficult situations that you're unable to handle yet. I'm myself trying to get my PFR over 10% without feeling lost on most flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising half of your hands isn't enough. You should raise almost every hand you play.

You'll never figure out how to handle the difficult situations you get in by playing aggressive unless you start playing aggressive.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I read that 10% pfr at 6max is: 22+, A10+ from all positions and then add some CO/Btn raises with other broadway hand and suited connectors. That range shouldnt get you into too many difficult situations at a standard NL25 unless there is a ton of 3betting going on and you can adjust accordingly.
Closed Thread