Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: X box elite

I misread your post. It was unclear a Socom was coming out for the PS3, and I'd heard nothing of it. Apparently there is. It will feature no single player campaign and is being developed by a different company than the one that developed all the other socoms. Regardless, it still is a Socom on the PS3. My mistake and apologies, as now your post makes alot more sense.

And the pricing comment is not misleading. The current $500 price tag for the 60GB is temporary and just a means for Sony to get rid of their surplus on store shelves. Once the surplus is gone, the 60GB will be discontinued and all replaced with the $600 80GB PS3 package. This is presumably a means of cutting costs as the 80GB systems do not feature the emotion engine for hardware backwards compatability of PS2/PS1 games. Instead relying on software emulation, as the 360 does. The $600 package includes Motorstorm.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And the pricing comment is not misleading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was. The premiums will now retail for $350. That's a $250 difference, not $200. My mistake.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And the pricing comment is not misleading. The current $500 price tag for the 60GB is temporary and just a means for Sony to get rid of their surplus on store shelves. Once the surplus is gone, the 60GB will be discontinued and all replaced with the $600 80GB PS3 package.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is completely irrelevant if you're buying a PS3 today. God, you're just getting more and more bullheaded with each new post.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And the pricing comment is not misleading.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was. The premiums will now retail for $350. That's a $250 difference, not $200. My mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also having alot of problems with just 20GB of space in my premium, so I'd go elite now - given the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real consistent advice...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:21 AM

I have no way of knowing whether there are 100, or 1,000,000 60GB PS3s remaining, or if they'll sell out in a week or in a year. And OP never even mentioned when he was considering picking up a console. The fact the '$500' price is a clearance sale and not a longterm price is extremely relevant.

And also I'm not sure what you want from me regarding my opinion vs recommendation on the pricing. Yes, I do think the 120GB elite is worth the $100, and I'd definitely go with it if I was in the spot of purchasing a new console - however it's a luxury. I mean the premium works just fine (and is what I have), but there's alot of great stuff on Live that just sucks up HD space. Having to occasionally delete downloaded demos/trailers/vids/etc isn't something you particularly want to do, but neither is spending $100 extra. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just depends on what you value more.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:13 PM

I really dont think the premium is even an option seeing how useful the 120gb space is now..

elite is the only way to go unless you are truly a casual gamer who will rarley download demos or arcade games.....
Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dont think the premium is even an option seeing how useful the 120gb space is now..

elite is the only way to go unless you are truly a casual gamer who will rarley download demos or arcade games.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I will own a few of the really great arcade games that come out, Castlevania for instance, however I really won't download alot of demos or even movies.

The only movie I thought about was the HD version of 300, but why download it when you only have the ability to play in when your xbox is hooked up, cannot burn it, etc.
Plus, i'm sure an HD movie will take up more space than it is worth.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:00 PM

I really can't see having more than one demo on a 360 at a time. From the demos I've played, most of them are only useful to play once or twice through. It really doesn't seem like a big deal to delete them once you're done. I can see buying the elite for the HDMI port and if you download things that will persistently stay on your 360 like music, movies, tv, etc.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The PS3 version also has numerous other problems including an inability to be played reasonably in any resolution besides 720p (eg- no 1080i/1080p).

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that all 360 and PS3 games are native 720p. The only thing changing resolution does is convert the signal from 720p to 1080i (or 1080p)--something that you're TV can do also.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:20 PM

I think there is a better processor in the elite too...