Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Basic Question on dealing w/ Bubble Bully

Call with any two just to teach him a lesson. Online poker is rigged anyway so you're bound to win with the worst of it.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:07 AM

In this type of scenario, you do not have position on him. He has position on you. Acting after a small stack and before a medium stack is the position you want in a sng.

Personally, I might shove ATC over the first couple of his raises, hope it slows him down, and maybe grab the chip lead for myself.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to tell the small stacks, "Jesus [censored] christ one of you go out already".

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually did this, trying to goad the tiny stack into making a stand. Afterwards I thought that it was little sketchy.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In this type of scenario, you do not have position on him. He has position on you. Acting after a small stack and before a medium stack is the position you want in a sng.

Personally, I might shove ATC over the first couple of his raises, hope it slows him down, and maybe grab the chip lead for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first few hands I actually had the lead, but he had a reasonable image and I choose to pass, assuming the smaller stacks would have to make a stand. I passed AQ in the first few hands. Later I pushed TT. When I realized that the ss weren't going to play, I opened up my game a bit rather than get run down. Reasonable?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The first few hands I actually had the lead, but he had a reasonable image and I choose to pass, assuming the smaller stacks would have to make a stand. I passed AQ in the first few hands. Later I pushed TT. When I realized that the ss weren't going to play, I opened up my game a bit rather than get run down. Reasonable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremly reasonable thinking IMO.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:36 AM

what you should do with a bubble bully is pay close attention to how he is playing and do your best to creat situations like that yourself.

thats it, thats the holy grail to sng's as i see it. If you find yourself paying attention from about 6 players on in and thinking about how each play effects your chances of raping the bubble, your on the right track.

As to countering him, there really isnt much you can do. Thats why you wanna be him.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's really good at raping the bubble, he will call a high percentage of the time, just to discurage you in the future. I seem to win far more than my share of donk spite calles as the chip leader. good times.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, you aren't going to slow me down, i'll just spite call.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:36 AM

I just threaten to spite call in the chat box, that slows them down.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 AM

He's doing this because you can't do anything about it, that's the point. Shove when ICM reckons it's profitable - which is hardly ever when there are two such short stacks still in.

Was it suitedsixes who wrote an ode to the shortstack? No idea how I'd find it in the archives, but it said it all really.