Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: question about ftp bots

if they're bots, how do they spend the money?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:29 PM

just program your own bot to get the 2k
Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i read the post by gatorademike and his site, and how they confiscated the funds of the pokerbots on ftp. i am wondering if ftp will refund 2k to me because im pretty sure i lost 2k hu to one those bots that are supposedly destroyed... this happend 6 months ago, and ftp wont send me the hh of that game i played for "technical reasons" but they're "looking into it"

[/ QUOTE ]

They haven't destroyed any of my bots and I'm definitely not giving you your money back. If you can't beat a bot you deserve to lose your money.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if they're bots, how do they spend the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha
Old 08-03-2007, 02:36 PM

how do you know your playing a "bot"? what is a bot?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you know your playing a "bot"? what is a bot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oestridae (also called botfly or bot fly) is a family of Oestroidea. It is one of several families of hairy flies whose larvae live as parasites within the bodies of mammals, such as the Desert Woodrat. There are approximately 150 known species worldwide.

Only one bot fly species attacks humans, the Dermatobia hominis. For many years the deer botfly was cited as the fastest flying insect in the Guinness Book of World Records, but the claim has been refuted and is no longer considered probable

Botflies deposit eggs in a host body, or sometimes use an intermediate vector: common houseflies for example.
Eggs are deposited in animal skin directly, or the larvae drop from the egg: the body heat of the animal induces hatching upon contact. Some forms of botfly also reside in the digestive tract when consumed by a licking action.
Myiasis can be caused by larvae burrowing into the skin (or tissue lining) of the host animal.
Mature larvae drop from the host and complete the pupal stage in soil.
They do not kill the host animal, and thus are true parasites (though some species of rodent-infesting botflies do consume the host's testes).
The bot fly presents annual difficulties to equestrian caretakers, as it lays eggs on the insides of horse’s front legs, on the cannon bone and knees, and sometimes on the throat or nose, depending on what type of bot fly does the laying. These eggs, which look like small, yellow drops of paint, must be carefully removed during the laying season (late summer and early fall) to prevent infestation in the horse. When a horse rubs its nose on its legs, the eggs are transferred to the mouth, and from there to the intestines, where the larva grows and migrates to the skin. When ready to emerge, a thumbnail-sized lump will appear on the horse, which is not painful, but if the lump happens to be where the saddle or bridle go, the horse will be out of commission until the wound made by the young bot fly’s emergence heals. Removal of the eggs (which adhere to the host’s hair) is tricky, since the bone and tendons are directly under the skin on the cannon bones: eggs must be removed with a sharp knife (often a razor blade) or rough sand paper, and caught before they reach the ground. During this process the human can also become infected.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 PM

bots can't win
Old 08-03-2007, 05:34 PM

lol i would be [censored] pissed if i had won money from the bots and then later they took the money back. good thing u r leveling
Old 08-03-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol i would be [censored] pissed if i had won money from the bots and then later they took the money back. good thing u r leveling

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about, the bots always win, thats why they've been banned. Humans have no chance against them. If there was a rake in that Phil Laak match even he would have lost money.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 PM

In both high profile botting cases FTP made the decision that is the best for their bottom line.

Regarding the Pittsburgh "sweatshp" bots, who generated tens of thousands of dollars of rake every month with relatively small bankrolls, FTP determined inconclusive evidence and let them play.

Regarding the beatme1 bot, a high limmit HU player with a huge bankroll, FTP closed the account and confiscated the funds.

They have repeatedly claimed that these confiscated funds will be returned to players, but no one has seen a dime.