Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: AA and KK vs. nits

In hand 1 if we are assuming that this cat has KK-TT/AK with KK/QQ discounted then why exactly are we betting the flop?
Old 08-03-2007, 05:05 AM

second: Please please please promise me you will push next time you're 3-bet preflop and you're holding KK.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I don't really disagree with anyone (rare). These hands were posted because:
1) They happened within 10 min of eachother (on different tables); and
2) I find myself paying off setminers in painfully obvious set situations.

Here are my thoughts:

Hand 1.
A C Slater's reasoning paralleled mine. I figured if Villain has folded to a steal in the SB 100% of the time (even only over 650+ hands), he isn't flat calling with anything less than a PP (and probably a strong one with VPIP 11%). Therefore, his range would include AA-1010, maybe even down to 77, and I would feel confident to exclude 33. So here, IMO we're seeing KK, QQ, TT, or 77 (I think JJ gives up or flat calls, with the former being more the case than the latter, even though QQ is the same thing). Now, even though this guy looks like an uber nit who makes horrendous post flop decisions (see: Amount Won, W$SD, and Flop AF), I opted to fold simply because these are the rare spots I retrospectively analyze that were such obvious folds. Further, I'm not trying to steal blinds at an above average rate and I'm not playing overly aggro (Steal Blinds: 21%, flop AF: 2.1, total AF: 1.9), so it's not like I'm picking on Villain. Does anyone still go broke here?

Hand 2.
Well, I planned on getting it in on any non A or Q high flop. On a Q high flop, my plan was to have an inexpensive showdown. Terrible? maybe. My thoughts were that anyone playing 11/5 is only 3 betting light with AA-QQ, AKs. Such an easily identifiable range makes the post flop decision easy. But before that, I feel as though an a) 4bet/fold, b) 4bet/call shove, or c) insta-shove is just bad. This Villain is 11/5 and this is Full Tilt, not Stars! (emphasis added) Do you ever fold to a shove after you've 4bet?